My Hillbilly Brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBelly

Reaction score
I got these two network racks from work and boxed them togther. The kettle shelves are 1" x 1/8" angle steel. So all told I have about $20 into the stand (steel) and I am ready to start piping the NG.
CF5u1v8Rty1rEvaNxg2HXQ

The keyboard shelf holds the MLT perfectly. I'll Bungie it to the stand so it doesn't slide off. I have another keyboard shelf for the other side where I can put my scale for hop additions, a timer, and other small micellaneous crap.

I think i am going to need to sheild the cooler/MLT from the heat of the burner underneath the HLT.
kluvapUQ6iN9pvRV30DgRA

I went with the smaller burner for the BK.
iAifcHC0SJmIC-SUF0rOHg

I have some other minor things to do but I hope to be brewing on it in the next couple weeks.

It looks great, my only thought might be that the burner could weaken that aluminum angle. Just a thought.

It looks great, my only thought might be that the burner could weaken that aluminum angle. Just a thought.
I had the same concern.
The supports for the hlt and bk are mild steel painted w/ black engine enamel
I made them from 1" angle. And attach with the standard 10-32 screws.

I can attest that they will hold 260#s of giggling beer geek.

... hows the balance with the mash tun full?

We will see for sure here pretty soon. But the remaining water in the HLT that is heating for the sparge, or the wort that has drained into the boil kettle should counter balance it.

Once I get the top kettle drilled for the valve and barb I'll wet test it cold. I may need some supports under the outside edge of the mlt.

Back