So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got all the ingredients lined up to do the Haus Pale Ale this weekend. Plus hopefully getting my hops in the ground, depending on the weather.

My Scottish Ale and California Trinity Red wine goes in bottles, my Vanilla Cream Ale (thanks cheese) is moving to Secondary, and I'll be starting a kolsch as well as a Zinfandel / Cabernet. Busy weeked for me :)

Brewing myself a Stone IPA clone, what a beautiful day in NYC and first day of spring! And to follow up this perfect day is AC beerfest tomorrow, woohoo :mug:

I'm working on harvesting yeast from Bells Pale ale for a two hearted clone, and will be starting a yeast starter for a czech-style pils tomorrow (I'm thinking WLP802).

Gotta fill that new kegerator....

Brewed 5 gallons of Wee Heavy and hit 70% efficiency at OG 1.104!

Partigyled another gallon and a half and ended up with 1 gallon of 1.075 Wee-er Heavy.

Awesome day, now it's time to clean up.

Brewed 5 gallons of Lawnmower Ale, yesterday.

And 5 gallons of Fat Tire Clone today. Should be good to go to the lake! :)

Putting off cleaning up...

Found my FermcapS and my Whirfloc tablets for todays brew after they've been missing the last two batches. woohoo

How's the O-fest going?

Brewing a German Pils today so it's ready for late spring. A bit of a long brew day, what with the Hochkurz step mash, 90 min. boil and long cool-down to 45°F, but it will be worth it.;)

Kölsch-style(as I am not in Cologne)!
Although I am not sure it counts as the "weekend" since I brewed yesterday(Friday) but I am recovering from hernia surgery and I could only get help yesterday for the lifting part!!

brewed a summer wheat last night. Think I may have put way to much orange zest in. I can smell orange thru the airlock, and its down stairs and in a foam box!

Trying to brew but the freaking wind is blowing out my burner "with" the wind guard unless I leave it ramped up on high. Weather yesterday was perfect 74 degrees, calm and sunny. Today is 83, humid and windy with chances of rain after 3.

Just mashed in on our Honey Orange Hefe (honey malt, not actual honey.) Let's just hope it'll be ready in time for the party it was ordered for... 2 weeks left!!

How about a recipe? I've never had a Kolsch before, what do they taste like?

Its an extract recipe. Haven't jumped to the all grain yet. But here is the link if you are interested in brewing it. Its a light ale with a slight fruity taste to it. If you like that kind of beer you will not be disappointed. Its my 3rd batch i made so far and my favorite. :rockin:

just finished the bee cave ale first one from bulk was a great time now to wait for it to be done. With a 30+IBUs i hope the wife will drink it

Just finished up a Belgian wit. I pushed the limits on my BIAB setup with 4# of flaked wheat and 4# of malt in a 3 gallon pot with 2 gal. of water. Didn't mash long enough but got 1.045 OG (shooting for 1.050) with help from some honey and .5# DME since I knew I was low. Time to construct a real mash tun I s'pose. Looks like it came out all right though. Yum...

Brewed my first Lager Saturday. Was nervous about my boiloff doing my first 90 minute boil and "went for gold" on the boil. Boiled from 8G to 4.5 instead of 5.5 :D Oh well. Oktoberfest will just be that much more 'forgettable' :mug:

Like your signature says, there are no mistakes... :)

I ended up doing a 110-minute boil yesterday on my IIPA (planned boil was 80 minutes) because I ended up with way more pre-boil volume than I expected. Turned out just fine though. Good thing I noticed the volume was off before the first hops addition.

That's the kind of thing that would have really freaked me out when I first started brewing. Now it's just something else that can be fixed. :mug:

Yesterday I kegged an irish red, washed the yeast, racked and dryhopped my pale ale, and brewed a centennial blonde. Good day!
Oh, and woohoo for 500 posts!

Brewing a Weizenbock on Sunday. Still need to hit up the LHBS tomorrow for base malt/wheat. Looking at 50F and cloudy, but can't wait! Probably only one more brew after this one before we pack up and move, so... making it count!

Picking up the last few ingredients for Jamil's West Coast Blaster on the way home from work today. Planning to brew it on Sunday.

Monday brewed up an irish red from Brewing Classic Styles and yesterday started some apfelwein (I was off this week post surgery). This weekend will be edorts haus pale and hefe.

Back