1/2" 25 ft SS wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bukit

Reaction score
Just received a 15gal brew kettle from Ben at Spike Brewing. Its 16" wide x 17" high. I am focused on 5 gal batches for the time being but plan to brew 10 gal batches soon.
I'd prefer a stainless immersion chiller for cleaning and durability reasons and believe the conductivity differences between copper and SS (in this case) are small for thin walled SS.
I cannot find any suppliers for 1/2" x 25 ft SS. Midwest Supplies has 1/2" x 50ft SS but that's overkill for now. I'd have a lot of exposed coils and their design is stacked with no separation which reduces overall surface area anyway.
For 5 gal batches and the ability to submerge all of the coils in this kettle, a 1/2" x 25ft would be ideal. Any idea who might provide these?
If I was looking for 1/2" cooper, I'd construct it myself.
Unfortunately, Jeff at NY Brew Supply said they're not doing custom orders right now.
Thanks for any help.

I just built my own chiller with 20ft of 3/8 copper tubing, 10ft of vinyl hose, a garden hose fitting and some hose clamps. Bought it all at lowes for $50, and it took about 10 mins to put together. That 20ft of copper tubing cooled 5gal of wort from boiling to 75 degrees in about 10 mins with slow water flow and frequent stirring. I'm very happy with it.

Haven't used them myself but check out Stainless Brewing.

http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Tubing-_c_12.html

Great suggestion. I actually discovered Stainless Brewing last night and exchanged some messages with Zach today. I'm going to have him build a 1/2" x 25ft custom chiller for me. There really aren't many custom options out there. I'll report back once I've received it.
He's waiting up on his next 1/2" shipment.

Back