Pasta mill question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kklowell

Reaction score
For those who turned a pasta maker into a grain mill, has anyone cut the handle off and used it to power the mill? I'd like to motorize this thing but don't want to ruin the handle unless I know it will work with a drill and I won't need the ability to hand crank it.

You don't need to cut the handle, just find a shank of some sort that fits in the hole the handle goes it, like a screwdriver, or threaded rod, or something from the big box store.

FYI next time you have a question about this, you'll probably find the best help by posting it in the past mill thread. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/using-pasta-maker-mill-grain-75784/

You can also take a look and see what folks have done.

Wow, didn't know this thing had gotten big enough for its own thread. I'm headed there now. Thanks!

Well, the thread is where the popularity of doing it came from.....there's even a lot of trackback from other websites....

It's one of those things that folks said couldn't be done then a bunch of folks have proven it could...

3/8 spade bit is your friend, that fits perfectly in the pasta maker handle slot and you can keep your handle intact for when you cordless drill runs out of juice!

Thanks for clariying what fits...I've forgotten. :tank:

Still have my pasta maker in the garage, see it every day. Poor thing doesn't get used at all now than I have the Barley Crusher :)

Still have my pasta maker in the garage, see it every day. Poor thing doesn't get used at all now than I have the Barley Crusher :)
+1
Yep, it fill a gap but I'm glad to have my barley crusher!

I had forgotten about that thread, but I was pretty active in it early on, back when my username was Gonefishing.
I haven't brewed in months, but will be doing a batch tomorrow, and will be doing it with the pasta mill and powering it with my drill.

Back