Different Equipment Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac00

Reaction score
As i was browsing for used beer/wine/kegging equipment, i came accross this ad....

"Equipment for carbonating beer and light wines including 4 pepsi type tanks and a tank to hold gas and the machine to carbonate with gauges to show the pressure."

Ok, i know what all this is except the "carbonating machine"...i'm thinking to myself...what the hell is this thing......there were no pics posted....so i email for pics. Here's what she sent me.....anyone ever see anything like this before. I know its older judging by the regulator...

HPIM0122.jpg

it looks like this thing a childhood friend had. you would get some water, add whatever type of soda syrup you wanted and then blast CO2 into it. result was a carbonated soda. i don't know how well it would work with beer, but if it's not too expensive, it might be fun to play around with... and hey, you will get a regulator out of it.

Its about $200 USD, and it looks like some sort of torture device on a hair washing sink....

I'm guessing her "pepsi type tanks" are cornies?

Well, 4 kegs + CO2 tank + regulator is worth about US$200 right there. It looks to me like an inline carbonator with syrup, water and CO2 inputs but could probably be used as a counter pressure filler. Even if not, I'd offer $180 for the tanks and reg.

This looks like something my dad has to make sparkling wine. If so It will basically force carb each bottle. We have never tried it with beer, they are pretty cool, the price for all that eqip seems good also.

Back