I've found a batch of forgotten wort maybe 3-4 years old...still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brannflakes247

Reaction score
I cracked it open out of curiosity and it smells amazing. I am considering attempting to bottle but I am obviously concerned with the safety of this attempt. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am afraid I maybe wasting a batch of some of the BEST BEER EVER BREWED! I was once told by a brew master that if it smells good it probably is...i just don't know if that applies to a batch thats been sitting for years.:ban:

Is it wort or is it beer? If it has already fermented, I would definitely bottle it. If it is unfermented wort, I would more than likely dump it. Do you know what style it was?

I cracked it open out of curiosity and it smells amazing. I am considering attempting to bottle but I am obviously concerned with the safety of this attempt. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am afraid I maybe wasting a batch of some of the BEST BEER EVER BREWED! I was once told by a brew master that if it smells good it probably is...i just don't know if that applies to a batch thats been sitting for years.:ban:

Nothing pathogenic can grow in beer.....so you can't get sick from it. If it's not vingar or infected in another way, you can bottle it and drink it with no problems.....

Lambics sit for years in the fermenter.

If it tastes fine, bottle it.

Latest posts

Back