Stopping Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggy

Reaction score
Dumb question here,

I thought that to stop carbonation of bottles is to refrigerate them. I have had one case of my honey weizen in the fridge for at least 1 week. If I take it out will it keep carbonating? I need the room in the fridge to stop carbonation of my apfelwein.

Thanks!

Greg

Well, the carbonation will stop when all the sugars are eaten. So, if you bottled when fermentation was done, and used the right amount of priming sugar, there is no problem with keeping the bottles at room temperature.

If you bottled them early, before fermentation was finished, it will continue until all the sugars are eaten. Which may or may not mean bottle bombs. What was the sg when you bottled the apfelwein and the beer? Maybe it's fine!

YooperBrew said:
Well, the carbonation will stop when all the sugars are eaten. So, if you bottled when fermentation was done, and used the right amount of priming sugar, there is no problem with keeping the bottles at room temperature.

If you bottled them early, before fermentation was finished, it will continue until all the sugars are eaten. Which may or may not mean bottle bombs. What was the sg when you bottled the apfelwein and the beer? Maybe it's fine!

Ok. I should be good then. Fermentation was done for about 1 month when I bottled. I won't worry to much then!

Greg

Back