I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I think it went through that time.
the puppet rhetoric is embarrassing to me. The guys that fly war jets have a banter of their own

all I can say… way back when I was a guy, aircraft electrician that made those planes work. We were called one wires because everything on those planes, engines, flight control, lighting. The automatic flight and throttle control -one wire. AEs. A good one would call many diagnoses.

Worst two I made were both on F4S Phantoms. I was young but I was very well respected and that’s what really washard when I messed 🔝

It took a long time for the airframe guys to replace a pitch pack. A pitch pack on an F4 Phantom was a hydraulically powered 3000psi actuator controlled by some mechanical input of course. Electricity in afcs mode. Automatic Flight Control and the S stands for stabilization

so anyway I don’t know why I’m even telling you. But texting that took a moment. My mind is quicker than my speed at texting

Just want to say one thing. The crew at HBTis young and old. Some of us just starting a family. Some old like me who has lived long enough to have regrets and joys

Wow! Not sure where I’m going here

I guess with all this banter it comes down to this

And I’m no body to take advice from but. Lol am going to give some.

it has worked for me

Don’t try to control your child’s destiny We all do when they are young of course.

over years our support and love, a little bit of pressure to do good in school. And encouragement from us is fundamental

Im not the greatest father god made (could be same said about him)

I’m not super religious. I know the story about Christianity I was raised Presbyterian

Wow this story a rambling one.
I just wanted to tell you about McDonal Douglas aircraft

Guess I got a bit preacher on you.

It's all good, Dan. I married a Presbyterian.

I'm not much more than a few years into fatherhood it's a wonderful and challenging adjustment.

I'm ill at the moment. My son seems to have mostly recovered, and hopefully my wife is through the worst of it.

I hope I got past the worst of it on Tuesday, but I was hoping to be in better shape by now.

But I'm still functioning and I'm not in agony.

How about you, Dan?

Oh my goodness!

The new tread format messes me up

Can’t find my threads easily

TxBrew, Lorenta (Yooper) and Pappy (Andrew)
Thank-you!

I realize rhere are more people involved

Thanks to you all.

With. Dignity and Respect

Dan Dawson

I'm ill at the moment. My son seems to have mostly recovered, and hopefully my wife is through the worst of it.

I hope I got past the worst of it on Tuesday, but I was hoping to be in better shape by now.

But I'm still functioning and I'm not in agony.

How about you, Dan?

Kent
So sorry I didn’t reply. I hope all is well now
And llife is normal again for your family.

Kent
So sorry I didn’t reply. I hope all is well now
And llife is normal again for your family.

It's all good, Dan.

It's nothing serious, but ever since we got over Covid it seems like my son keeps bringing back different cold strains from school. I wish we could go more than two consecutive weeks without having our sinuses get messed up. Maybe this summer it'll happen.

Hope you are well, sir.

That's how it is for us too. I don't know if it's vitamin D deficiency or something else winter related but my sinuses are jacked up from December to March.

That's how it is for us too. I don't know if it's vitamin D deficiency or something else winter related but my sinuses are jacked up from December to March.

I blame the bioweapons development facility my son attends during the week.

Teachers must have fantastic immune systems.

fwiw, from the time my boys hit kindergarten to when they made it to maybe 7th grade or so, our household would come down with the first bug of the year three weeks after the start of school. We could set our clocks to it (we already set the calendar!) And there would be a fresh bug every month until maybe April.

Once the boys were off to school and then into their own homes we had a great run of health :D

But now...our youngest grandkids are 2 and 0.1 years old, and we've already been smacked with colds twice this fall and winter. My wife is juuust about done hacking up a lung from the last round, right as we're about to take our first legit vacation in three years o_O

Fun times...Lots of Covid RAT tests going on here...

Cheers!

I was just telling my youngest grandson about my days in the Navy, about Antarctic Exploration Sqaudron Six. VXE-6. I don’t think he quite understands…he’s six months old. Maybe you will.

VXE-6 worked with the National Science Foundation from 1955-1999 in support of Antarctic research. The Navy relinquished Antarctic research support in 1999 and the New York National Guard assumed the responsibility.

The days on Antarctica (we all called it the “Ice”) were filled with awe and wonder. Terrifying at times in the sky’s above and ice below. There were no hangars for the LC-130’s. All, every bit of maintenance was completed outside in the snow and ice. Except airplane washes, those were completed after an 8 hour flight to Christchurch New Zealand every 28 days per plane

This post is getting long. Will talk about this subject more if any person ask. And will probably continue the ramble even if nobody ask.

Cheers!
Dan Dawson

Oh ya. Meant to post some pictures of mighty Hercs in action

Attachments

• A10C2FFF-67A3-4A87-8351-8E3EDA56776A.jpeg
    A10C2FFF-67A3-4A87-8351-8E3EDA56776A.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 596D8F9E-B504-4683-B832-D5F38A43F0DC.jpeg
    596D8F9E-B504-4683-B832-D5F38A43F0DC.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 9
  • E4C34032-EFEE-43B9-94D0-EBAF6A5A5D81.jpeg
    E4C34032-EFEE-43B9-94D0-EBAF6A5A5D81.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 8
  • A4E6679D-35A2-4A4A-B0D5-45E578CC64B0.jpeg
    A4E6679D-35A2-4A4A-B0D5-45E578CC64B0.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2C234D7E-2C22-4729-9CFC-101617966B99.jpeg
    2C234D7E-2C22-4729-9CFC-101617966B99.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 8
I was just telling my youngest grandson about my days in the Navy, about Antarctic Exploration Sqaudron Six. VXE-6. I don’t think he quite understands…he’s six months old.
Maybe you will.

If I hear that baby’s song Head and shoulders, feet and toes, McDonald's Farm or Bingo was his Name O once more. I might just listen to it again-I

Tried replying to you Kent by quoting your text. Didn’t work

I am not a pilot. Have flown, been flown to the South Pole. Te crew let me fly the plane awhile but they were most definitely in charge. It was fun. I was a maintenance guy

Thirty years in the military Trying to fgure out which ones were the best. I can’t.
All of them hard. All of them part of my life.

I was at the VA today. Lost one of my hearing aids and was getting a replacement. Same floor was prosthetics.

I felt unworthy sitting there. Guys who lost limbs were in the same waiting room. I felt embarrassed. Those guys llost much more than hearing in support of our country’s wars.

Mahalo
Dan Dawson

It’s a little past Saint Patty’s day. But anyway…

May you have love that never ends,
Lots of money, and lots of friends.
Health be yours, whatever you do,
And may God send many blessings to you!

Hello @Dan
"I don’t think he quite understands…he’s six months old."

My 2nd grandchild was born early at 2 pounds 3 oz. When she was in the ICU for a good number of weeks I would visit at night / early mornings and read or just talk to her. Im convinced she understood. (She is now 7 and you cant stop her.)

Your Grandson understands, he just cant tell you yet. Maybe not what a Navy Antarctic Exploration Sqaudron Six. VXE-6 is but, he definately understands he is loved.

CKhuns!

Your words are true! They look up at you so young and eyes so curious, Little bodies so fragile and strong though. Immediately they want to communicate some how. New life in this world. We were all at one point, that’s hard to imagine now. Lol

Cheers my friend!

Dan

Oh wow!

I have a hard time not getting at times heartfelt, and nostalgic.

Having said that. Let’s go forward.

Let’s play a game. It’s word limit is 15 words

(You are definitely authorized to go over 15 words, but not paragraphs on end -LOL. We can use well known acronyms which will count as one word as long as it is public knowledge)

Ok let’s go

Dan - I depend on help from friends. Not financially but goodness and well-being

Back