just nother noob question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do i bring the water and sugar to a boil then cool then add to battling bucket. sry for the easy questions i just don't want battle bombs on my first batch

do i bring the water and sugar to a boil then cool then add to battling bucket.

Yeah. Then put the cooled sugar water at the bottom of the bucket. Make sure the valve is CLOSED. Use the autosiphon to transfer the beer into the bucket, it will mix itself with the sugar. Keep the "output" end of the tube at the bottom of the bucket to not let extra air in there.

Also, if you have an idea for a new thread, it should be descriptive..
I would go for "How much sugar to use?" instead of "I have a question".
Just a tip.

u can go with the 2/3cup for 5g batch, but different styles of beers call for different carbonation levels. Here's a list of general CO2 levels for beer styles. BTW, 2/3 cup is about 3

Style & Volumes of CO2
American ales 2.2–3.0
British ales 1.5–2.2
German weizens 2.8–5.1
Belgian ales 2.0–4.5
European Lagers 2.4–2.6
American Lagers 2.5–2.8

I would recommend getting a simple digital kitchen scale and go by weights too, instead of by dry measures.

In baking you learn pretty fast that humidity can really screw up careful measurements by volume with fine ground things like flours and powdery sugars, so eventually weighing wins out.

Not as critical here, but still worth considering, or at least testing 5oz by weight to whatever measuring cup volume you think it fits in for your own reference. Which is a good idea anyway, since measuring cups can be way off themselves. :)

Back