Got my Perlick Tap Locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
Not terribly happy with them. You really have to crank them down for them to be effective. And even with that, you can still pull forward on the tap and if you pull hard enough, you'll get beer to flow. They do reccommend removing the handles, which would help a lot, but they are not real secure and will not prevent access to the beer by someone determined. I think they will work for what I need them for though.

Probably easier to just remove the QD from the keg. ;)

BTW: The way they work is the key, when inserted, acts like a screw and you screw down the top until the mechanism is disabled (or mostly).

BBTW: They are ALL keyed the same so probably not too much of a deterant for a resourseful teen!

Yeah, you could probably pick those locks with a pen cap.

My roommates sometimes decimate my beer when I'm out of town. I just pop off the disconnects.

B

Your roommates are adults... I think you should put some castor oil in a corney and let them have at it!

1. Those things are so goddamned expensive and from what people have said they don't really work. Sigh.

2. Decimate means to take away 10% of... so drinking half a gallon out of a keg doesn't seem too bad :) (/obnoxious_jerk)

Back