Cranberry cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatsSchindee

Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1448591293.269178.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1448591315.629101.jpg

Just in time for thanksgiving, cranberry cider. 25% cranberry concentrate and 75% apple juice (just Costco Kirkland organic juice). D-47 yeast, fermaid K, and pectic enzyme, along with some dextrose (3.5 oz, off the top of my head, without referencing my brewing notebook). Bulk-aged one year, then bottled last week. Was hoping for better clarity, with the pectic enzyme and age, but it is what it is. Tastes great - a nice balance of tartness from the cranberry and subtle apple flavor (pretty dry; no backsweetening)... A great accompaniment to the standard Thanksgiving foods.

Happy Turkey Day!

Very nice. I've made mine three years now. Use chopped craisins in the primary. It's never cleared. Tastes so good.

I like that idea - I've always got some craisins in the pantry (love those things!). Maybe I'll add some as well as the juice next time, for a more complex cranberry flavor. Cheers...

Back