What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Purdy tasteful!

ForumRunner_20130918_211331.jpg

MrNic said:
It's better on tap!

True. I had it at dinner the other night and I could literally smell the deliciousness before I realized the waitress was there. One of the best beers I've ever had.

True. I had it at dinner the other night and I could literally smell the deliciousness before I realized the waitress was there. One of the best beers I've ever had.

It's my favorite beer from Wyoming and one of my top IPA's.

Coffee for me. Not feeling too well today. Scratchy and sore throat, runny nose, lightheaded and overall feel like crap. Also a weird pain behind my ribs when I breathe, not sure if its related to the other stuff, but sucks nonetheless. This better not affect my weekend beer drinking!

MarcusKillion said:
A Crystal Cream Ale , one of my recipes . Tasting pretty damn good .

Crystal is way under appreciated, assuming we're talking about the hops and not malt.

chef273b said:
Alvinne Cuvee Freddy. Nice dark sour.

NYC or did you get that at vintner?

Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Somewhere on this site I remember reading about people speaking its praises and I hadn't had anything from SN other than the Ruthless Rye in the last year, so I grabbed a 6er yesterday.

At first I figured it wasn't too bad, then it went REALLY well with the salad I ate (with Cesar and Blue Cheese dressing). Then today I had another and really began noticing a soft pineapple flavor at the end. Still not in my top 10 or anything, but a very nice beer.

That's what I love about beer. One sip is not nearly enough to appreciate it. What you are doing, eating, temperature around you, etc. Everything affects how well it works. I had a Goose Island Honkers and thought it was pretty bad. Then I took one out to the pool in the sun and it was just what I needed.

I think I'm drunk and where the floc is my girlfriend!

How is el Dorado hops? I've been wanting to make one so bad, make it a light red/pink and call it Pink Cadillac El Dorado ipa. So fun

I'm having my robust porter.

View attachment 149011

What do u think? Super piney?

Hard to tell at the moment. Pre-bottling aroma the yeast really got in the way and having no carb to carry it really muted it. I'll post when it's carbed up and give you the full story.

Just got done bottling and now having a Resin. Speaking of bottling, check out the hop sack containing the dry hops as it came out of the fermenter. Didn't have to anything, just came out like that.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130918221958765.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130918221958765.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF2195.jpg
    DSCF2195.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 91
nukebrewer said:
Hard to tell at the moment. Pre-bottling aroma the yeast really got in the way and having no carb to carry it really muted it. I'll post when it's carbed up and give you the full story.

Just got done bottling and now having a Resin. Speaking of bottling, check out the hop sack containing the dry hops as it came out of the fermenter. Didn't have to anything, just came out like that.

Hang it from the back of your car. ;)

BrewinHooligan said:
Just finished one of my single hop saisons. Really enjoying it and wondering if I would notice a difference if I changed the base malt from domestic Pilsner malt to Belgian Pilsner malt.

I would say you definitely would.

TNGabe said:
I can't speak to what you'll notice, but I think continental pilsner is better than North American, with the exception of the floor malted 6 row I use of course. :D

Do you type out full PM's to me and I only get two lines?

So nice he had to post it thrice. In two different threads. But yes, I'd skip a twenty dollar beer and pay up for a membership if it meant a better app. I like when it crashes opening and needs to deleted and reinstalled.

Finishing up my BdG, waiting on the pressure canner to get to temp or the propane to run out.

Are you canning sanitary fixed amounts of simple wort for starters? Or actually canning beer a la six point or NEBCO?

Just got done with a long after work smoke session. Did a rack of baby backs and a ton of ABT's :D on my 3rd brown ale and also had a HB Irish Red to start things off. Feeling full after only three ribs but about 12 ABT's!

2013-09-18 20.29.57.jpg

2013-09-18 21.45.24.jpg

Think I could get your recipe for that saison?

You don't want it. It was a kitchen sink beer, black IPA meets saison, I'd send you a bottle, but this was the last one. Last time I shared it with someone he said 'For you, it's ok. Of course I'd be proud if I'd made it, but it's not up to your standards.' Or words to that effect. I'll post it if you stil want it.

Are you canning sanitary fixed amounts of simple wort for starters? Or actually canning beer a la six point or NEBCO?

Pressure canned a 19 qt jars of wort for starters. Been meaning to do it for a while. I'd like to get another batch done before I give my buddy the canner back, but it's time to put up tomatoes for the year and I don't want to buy more jars.

Checked them out, if any interest you they have plenty of saison, Noel, and the spring printemps

$15 a bottle out there? Seems like it used to be the same price as Dupont, but maybe I'm misremembering. I'd be happy if I could find it here even for $15.

Saison was 18 and the others were just under that I believe. Also, debating which one of these is first up tonight. Extremely happy to see more prairie stuff making its way out here

ForumRunner_20130918_201939.jpg

You don't want it. It was a kitchen sink beer, black IPA meets saison, I'd send you a bottle, but this was the last one. Last time I shared it with someone he said 'For you, it's ok. Of course I'd be proud if I'd made it, but it's not up to your standards.' Or words to that effect. I'll post it if you stil want it.

Nah, I've got a free of those recipes myself. No worries haha

Saison was 18 and the others were just under that I believe. Also, debating which one of these is first up tonight. Extremely happy to see more prairie stuff making its way out here

What? That's redunkulous. It's been a while, but I think I remember getting Fantome for $10-12. Speaking of overpriced, I can't believe Prairie switched from 750s to 500s and kept the price the same!

Nah, I've got a free of those recipes myself. No worries haha

Don't get me wrong, it's at least as good as Funky Galaxy...:D

image-3974546801.jpg

Here's one worth getting the recipe for, my galaxy white ipa clone. 11 left after this and I'll be down a few more when I ship them out with trades. I said I was going 1980s on my hops, but I really need to get a couple pounds of galaxy while I still can.

Don't get me wrong, it's at least as good as Funky Galaxy...:D

Here's one worth getting the recipe for, my galaxy white ipa clone. 11 left after this and I'll be down a few more when I ship them out with trades. I said I was going 1980s on my hops, but I really need to get a couple pounds of galaxy while I still can.

I'd actually love to snag that galaxy recipe from you. I know you're an anchorage fan so I'm assuming it's roughly on the same line?

Back