Just ordered my first hop rhizome now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
So I ordered my first rhizome and now I need to know when I plant for Colorado, what type of soil to use for my planter, and when I get it do I just put it in the fridge until planting time?? Thanks

Make sure it's wrapped in a damp paper towel and keep it in the fridge. After this weekends weather you could have planted it and it would have been fine.
Dig a fairly large whole and take half of the clay and put somewhere else. Amend the other half with some compost or WELL rotted manure. Fill the whole back in and plant the rhizome. Be sure your putting it in an area that will recieve alot of sun and make sure it's watered regularly. I've got 4 4 yr. old bines and 3 more that are a year old. Excellent yields last season.

awesome thanks a ton, I'll get mine planted this week as soon as this weather passes and I get my rhizome!

Latest posts

Back