Fun stuff!!! (New toys)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Maker

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
RIMS TUBE
Auber PID
SS Relay & heat sink
Two thermometers
Site glass
And some other odds and ends.

Still waiting on:
Heating element
Filter housing
Electronics enclosure
Cam locks

Hopefully by the end of next weekend I will have everything up and running.

image-2153303637.jpg

I feel ya! I JUST got this in today

1zd9ait.jpg

Next to order PID, and such from Auber as well

Good luck and have fun putting that together!

Got a lot of it together last night. Now I just need to drill the holes to install the thermometers and sight glass. Sucks waiting on the other stuff.

Plans or inspiration used? I'm dreaming about a RIMS system and just want to know what you're planning on.

Plans or inspiration used? I'm dreaming about a RIMS system and just want to know what you're planning on.

Just a conglomeration of what I have found on here over the past few years. I use 70 qt coolers for the MLT and HLT, and the boil kettle is the Penrose Kettle. I also have a march 809 pump and a CFC that I built a while back. Not sure yet what I'm going to do about a stand. Right now I just throw some 1x6s on some saw horses.

Got the RIMS idea from here.

I may move to an eKettle with PWM control, but I haven't decided yet. There isn't a 240V outlet close to the sun room where I brew and I really don't want to brew in the basement.

I'll post pictures of the rest of my stuff this next week.

Mine was 1.5" x 6" 304 SS nipple. Just ordered it last week. Give them a call, I did about a few things, seems the online count doesn't always match what they have. The length depends on your element size, too keep that in mind. Some people are using really long ones, mines only about 5" (that's what she said)

Back