A Couple Keg Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTbrewer

Reaction score
So I am fairly new to kegging and I have a 2 things I was wondering about.

1. If I haven't used my taps in a few days the lines start to develop large bubbles. Is that just the CO2 seperating or should I be concerned about a leak somewhere?

2. My first kegged beer is a Saison and the first 10 pints or so were the most delicious beer I have ever made. It was glorious. :ban:
Unfortunately, since then the flavor has gone down hill fast because of the lack of yeast in suspension and my beer is now totally clear when I pour. Any tips on keeping that yeast in the beer? or should I just bottle this style to get that delicious yeast flavor?

Thanks! :mug:

1. If I haven't used my taps in a few days the lines start to develop large bubbles. Is that just the CO2 seperating or should I be concerned about a leak somewhere?

2. My first kegged beer is a Saison and the first 10 pints or so were the most delicious beer I have ever made. It was glorious. :ban:
Unfortunately, since then the flavor has gone down hill fast because of the lack of yeast in suspension and my beer is now totally clear when I pour. Any tips on keeping that yeast in the beer? or should I just bottle this style to get that delicious yeast flavor?

1) unless its foaming i wouldnt worry. You may have an issue with the seal on the faucets which will let air back into the system but i wouldnt worry.

2)saisons dont nessesarily have to be cloudy but i understand where your coming from. Consider letting one pint warm in the glass a bit and see if the flavors still as you remeber. If not then maybe you should consider bottling it. Ive had some on tap and they were fine over long periods so i dont think its the kegging thats killing it.

1) Your beer is overcarbed or your serving pressure is too low. Your serving pressure should be the same as your carbonation pressure. Is it? Did you shake to carb, or set and forget? If it's not causing foaming issues, then no huge worries, but that's why.

2) no clue.

1. I natural carbed one and set and forget carbed the other, but I am pumping 2 beers on the same pressure on a single regulator. One comes out faster than the other usually.

2. The clear Saison tastes ok, but it was so much better with yeast in suspension! I tried shaking the keg a bit but it looks like all the yeast is gone at this point.

All systems will develop co2 in the serving lines if it sits for a while. The way I deal is to dispense about 1oz into the glass, chug it back and do the real pour after that.

All systems will develop co2 in the serving lines if it sits for a while. The way I deal is to dispense about 1oz into the glass, chug it back and do the real pour after that.

I thought you were going to say, "The way I deal is to dispense about 1oz and drink it every hour, 24 hours a day." :drunk:

Latest posts

Back