New brew keggle questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBT

Reaction score
So I literally just finished assembling my new brew keggle, and I was really hoping to brew tomorrow, except for one thing... I didn't take into account the dead space in the kettle... There are probably 3.5-4 gallons below the valve opening. I knew I would need a pick up tube, but was hoping to brew tomorrow. Should I cancel the brewband build the pick up tube? Scale up the brew? RDWHAHB?

do you have a racking cane and transfer tubing ? if so just use that instead. go ahead and brew - use the racking cane to get the rest of the beer out.

I did the exact same thing! Made my kettle first and then my starter, and as I got my plan together for my brewday realized that I had no way to get my wort out of the keg... I just cooled it and then used my racking cane, and it worked great! Cheers!

I do have a racking cane, and I think I also have enough tubing to get a siphon and get the wort through my chiller. I may just do that and brew it today. I am definitely going to have to build a dip tube though...

If you are siphoning close-to-boiling wort (as it seems to be since you are running it into a chiller) you should a stainless or at least metal racking cane and appropriate tubing. The normal stuff will melt!

I went ahead and built a pick up tube for it :)

Now, time to get brewing!! Getting a much later start than I would like... But hey, I got all day.

Back