stainless carbonation stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrugCoder

Reaction score
Does anyone use these? How well do they work? Homebrew heaven says this about them.

Carbonates your kegged beer in minutes. By connecting this stone to a hose and your CO2 "in" line, the bubbles come up thru your beer as a super-fine mist, and easily go into solution.

It's a hands off method of doing it when the cheaper but more labor intensive method is to lay the keg on your lap and rock it back and forth for a few minutes. I see it as one more thing to buy and sanitize. For the most part, you'd be much better off doing an extended set and forget carb method over 2-3 weeks because it add aging time to the beer.

I am planning on using the "set and forget" method since I'm just now getting into kegging and am used to the conditioning time for the bottles anyways. I just saw it while browsing around and wondered if it aided the "set and forget" method. I wasn't really looking for a way to carbonate in just hours..

thanks for the responses!

From time to time I consider getting one. I feel that the set and forget method is superior, but it sucks when you have a keg blow and you have to wait a week or two to drink it. True, I have 6 other taps to choose from, but I'm greedy and want all taps funtioning! :D

Aging isn't really a concern for me since my pipeline is so deep at this point - anything that makes it into the Keezer is well aged before it goes in.

All that being said, I'll probably never bother with one. :cross:

Latest posts

Back