Nitrogen System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckarsanac

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is having a Nitrogen system ('cause I love me some Boddington and Guiness) any more difficult/complicated than a traditional CO2 draft system? Come to think of it, you can't keg with Nitrogen, can you?

And, I have to blend it with CO2. Right? Or can I just do it with Nitrogen? Thanks! All info would be helpful!

Is having a Nitrogen system ('cause I love me some Boddington and Guiness) any more difficult/complicated than a traditional CO2 draft system? Come to think of it, you can't keg with Nitrogen, can you?

And, I have to blend it with CO2. Right? Or can I just do it with Nitrogen? Thanks! All info would be helpful!

It's not straight nitrogen, it's a blend of nitrogen and carbon dioxide.

Not more difficult but you need a separate tank and regulator along with "creamer" faucets. Also you will probably still want to carbonate with plain CO2 as the N2/CO2 mix is generally used for service only. :mug:

Yup. ED is correct not enough co2 in "Beergas" blend of 75% nitro and 25% co2 need to carb with co2. But I would recommend a stout tap which has a diffuser to pull co2, creamer faucets will foam to much been my results. Equipment is slightly different Reg. has male thread and Beergas costs more but worth it in my opinion......good luck

Latest posts

Back