What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to put it up to my beloved hometown Heinz. I'm pretty sure Heinz made a jalapeño ketchup at one point. Though I may be mistaken

Having a Voodoo Gran Met right now. 10.5% of Belgian style bliss!

Stone Espresso Imperial Russian Stout. Quite good. Nice that they didn't over coffee it

image-425949510.jpg

weirdboy said:
Ballast Point has introduced a new series of beers called the Homework Series. First batch is a hoppy amber akin to e.g. Hop Head Red. Comes with the recipe in the label.

Mash time 20 minutes! Dang :cross:

My only 4 oz of beer today. The rest had spilled in the shipment but this is still awesome thanks Gabe!

ForumRunner_20130606_230817.png

Mash time 20 minutes! Dang :cross:

Not surprising to me in the least. I know another local pro brewer who only mashes for 20 minutes for his beers, and after talking to him I have been doing shorter mashes most of the time personally as well. The only times I have done a 60 minute mash recently have been when I've been teaching other folks how to brew--in that case I stick to the more traditional processes so as not to cause too much confusion to new brewers.

With a short mash and no sparge BIAB, along with preheating my strike water overnight, I have been getting my brew days done in a couple of hours. I have even done a few batches before work in the morning.

On a little mini vacation in Santa Barbara found this in a wine store in Montecito very tasty in a hotel plastic glass!!!

image-4218680103.jpg

I want to put it up to my beloved hometown Heinz. I'm pretty sure Heinz made a jalapeño ketchup at one point. Though I may be mistaken

Having a Voodoo Gran Met right now. 10.5% of Belgian style bliss!

I love Heinz too but when this came into stores. Goodbye Heinz hello Whataburger :ban:

I liked the Heinz ketchup with the minced onions. Quite a bit more savory to me. Heatin up the coffee since it's national donut day. Giant Eagle had donutes for $2.99/doz. Got three. boy,were they stungy with jelly or cream sticks. They put out only 6 cream sticks & this fat guy jumped in front of me & took 4 out of 6 for the 2 of them. bogarts,gotta luvem...

OFF TOPIC:: Ever try ketchup by itself? Kind of tastes like dirt. After that experience I mostly use Siriacha.

Not surprising to me in the least. I know another local pro brewer who only mashes for 20 minutes for his beers, and after talking to him I have been doing shorter mashes most of the time personally as well. The only times I have done a 60 minute mash recently have been when I've been teaching other folks how to brew--in that case I stick to the more traditional processes so as not to cause too much confusion to new brewers.

With a short mash and no sparge BIAB, along with preheating my strike water overnight, I have been getting my brew days done in a couple of hours. I have even done a few batches before work in the morning.

What's your efficiency like? I've read that most of the conversion happens in the first 20 minutes anyway, and wouldn't mind a shortrr brew day.

i have a question for some of you more experienced brewers. I will be trying my first brew tonight which has been carbing three weeks. They are in 1 liter PET bottles and one is noticeably less carbed than the others. The other ones are full of pressure but this one can be squeezed in. my question is, should i drink the less carbed one first? or should i drink one of the more carbed ones and let the bad/slow one condition longer? i just didnt know if letting it sit will help its chances of carbing or if i should go ahead and drink it

i have a question for some of you more experienced brewers. I will be trying my first brew tonight which has been carbing three weeks. They are in 1 liter PET bottles and one is noticeably less carbed than the others. The other ones are full of pressure but this one can be squeezed in. my question is, should i drink the less carbed one first? or should i drink one of the more carbed ones and let the bad/slow one condition longer? i just didnt know if letting it sit will help its chances of carbing or if i should go ahead and drink it

Did you batch prime? Or bottle prime? Meaning did you add sugar to each bottle individually? Or to the whole batch before bottling?

Was that bottle kept in a different place from the rest of the batch?

For the record I'm drinking coffee, kona vacuum brewed, black.

not batch primed unfortunately and they were all kept together so obviously the difference in priming sugar added was different, all the other bottles feel about the same though except this one which is terribly low carbed i believe

not batch primed unfortunately and they were all kept together so obviously the difference in priming sugar added was different, all the other bottles feel about the same though except this one which is terribly low carbed i believe

Give it some time. 3 weeks isn't always long enough. If you want to try one of the others go ahead, be sure to fridge it over night first.

I would probably add a little more priming sugar to that one bottle and closing it back up.

i know three weeks isnt even the normal minimum but the anticipation has been killing me, especially after taking smells from my very active fermenting bavarian hefeweizen all week, hints of bananas :ban: ill be popping one of the carbed ones in the fridge today and drinking tomorrow, thanks for the advice!

My Ankle-biter IPA. Second to last one I think, hop flavors are starting to fade a bit. Still tasty tho.

LoloMT7 said:
My only 4 oz of beer today. The rest had spilled in the shipment but this is still awesome thanks Gabe!

I think I've learned my lesson about sending highly carbed beers. Caps don't seem to cut it. Glad you liked what was left in there.

Mine too love me some good shine I got one jar left from popcorn sutton :)

That's awesome. Lmk when you are up and running, I should be going sometime in the next few months. I've got most everything I need.

Swmbo will only let me budget so much per month for alcohol production or I'd already be going. I'm not willing to stop spending on beer so it's been a slow build

A pot of green tea, which instills patience, which I need while I count down to the end of my apparently-going-to-be-impossibly-bitter wheat boil.

I'll be okay; I just hope that my beer will fare better.

That's awesome. Lmk when you are up and running, I should be going sometime in the next few months. I've got most everything I need.

Swmbo will only let me budget so much per month for alcohol production or I'd already be going. I'm not willing to stop spending on beer so it's been a slow build

Will do

DisturbdChemist said:
"the last run of lik-her i'm going to make.- popcorn. There is a movie on youtube showing his process. It was interesting to watch and see hw he did it. Its the short clips as seen in the moonshiners show

Popcorn was almost as fake as that show.

NIZZLE said:
That show is fake as hell but who pissed in your fooking corn flakes because popcorn was so not fake well you did say almost :p

Oh yeah? You spent much time in Cocke County?

Back