Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the annuls of whining, nothing tops the Chris Draper "look what he did to my face" interview after the Avs-Wings playoff game a few years back.

In the annuls of whining, nothing tops the Chris Draper "look what he did to my face" interview after the Avs-Wings playoff game a few years back.

Please, hockey trash talk from Huntington Beach. That's like me trying to teach surfing on the Great Lakes.:drunk:

Please, hockey trash talk from Huntington Beach. That's like me trying to teach surfing on the Great Lakes.:drunk:

This, my friends, is the quintessential Wings fan.

Ignores the thread for 2 months, shows up for the last game and starts chirping.

Welcome to the thread Rubbs! Better late than never.

P.S. I haven't done it, but there are surfable beaches/points on the GLs.

300px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

Argh!!!!! Wake up Wings!! Pittsburgh's carrying the play in the beginning of each period so far. Wings seem to wake up after a while, but they better start the third like they finished the second.

Hey, my daughter used to surf on Lake Superior!

This, my friends, is the quintessential Wings fan.

That's a quintessential Blues fan, talking about the finals, when they have never hoisted the cup. Why don't you run along while the big dogs talk about hockey?

Hey, I'm a Leafs fan, and would have liked to see the Wings win as Michigan can use some good news these days... but congrats Penguins.

Congrats Pens!
Never seen so many blocked shots. Seemed like every time the Wings would get any kind of pressure, the Pens would just clog up the middle and shut them down. Well played game. And Fluery's save on Lidstrom at the end was the exclamation point- OUCH!

Congrats Pens!
Never seen so many blocked shots. Seemed like every time the Wings would get any kind of pressure, the Pens would just clog up the middle and shut them down. Well played game. And Fluery's save on Lidstrom at the end was the exclamation point- OUCH!

That was one of the best saves of the playoffs for sure!

Classy fans... booing. :)

I am almost positive they were booing Bettman.
It is well deserved and shows GREAT class by the Detroit fans.

I raise my glass to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Penguins.

I get choked up every year when I see that beautiful piece of metal hoisted joyously into the air.

Hope to see Toews hoist it soon.

D@mn, Fleury was the man tonight, that was an intense game, especially the third.

Awesome series

Congrats to the Penguins!!!!!:rockin:

Fleury was outstanding tonight, i had the priveledge of watching him play throughout his junior leaque time as he played in my neck of the woods for three seasons....Always loved watching him and to see what he's become now..:rockin: Great job guys!!!!! :mug:

They where not booing the penns. They where booing Gary bettmen, the man that is trying to ruin hockey.

It was a tough night in my house. me from detroit, wife from Pittsburgh. Looks like I'm getting some tonight.

They where not booing the penns. They where booing Gary bettmen, the man that is trying to ruin hockey.

It was a tough night in my house. me from detroit, wife from Pittsburgh. Looks like I'm getting some tonight.

Well at least something good will come of the wrong team winning!

(Ranger fan, but I despise Pit[ok Crosby more than Pit itself] so wanted Det to win)

As a Wings fan, I must say...it is kinda funny for Hossa. I hated Borque when he had to go to CO to win it...so it shouldn't change for Hossa.

Me and the rest of the Pens fans at work though they could win if they scored first. glad I was right. what a finish, if that goal goes in with 1.5 seconds left, no way the Pens win in overtime after that.

If your Hossa how bad do you feel?

I don't know what Det play situation is like but we might be talking about these two teams again next year, or at least one of them.

As a Pens fan I must say, hell yeah!!!

Was a great series though, could of gone either way.

:mug:

PS> Superbowl and Stanley Cup oh my!

That was an awesome game and an awesome series.

Congratulations to the Pens.

Better luck next year for the rest of us...

Back