Stupid Bees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtus_

I say, lookey here son...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here in central Ohio today was a great day to brew, except for the bees! Temps hit the mid 60's. The bees must be hungry from the winter, because they came out in droves once they smelled my wort. I had three of them sipping the sparge and getting knocked into the wort. Had to fish them out. Must have been 7 to 10 of them buzzing around at any given time most of the day.

I had the same issue last week except they kept bellyflopping and doing the backstroke in my glass of home brew

No brewing for me this weekend, but I did end up at my brew-buddy's house and he had a couple buzzing around. I have dealt with them a little on my last few brews, but they haven't given me much of an issue as I'm not remotely scared of them and as long as I can keep them out POST boil I don't really care how much they sip/taste. I don't drink much if any when I brew, but what I do is open up a soda and let them just have at it. I love the taste, they love the taste ,,,,, WE SHARE!

Back