Wii game suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
We just bought the Wii and are looking for a couple games to buy. It's just my wife and I. I like sports games and my wife really isn't too into the whole video game thing. We will probably get the Wii Fit at some point too. I also like racing games and puzzle games

Mario Kart is a classic.
Tiger Woods PGA 10 is great (i hate golf, but this is just fun!)
and I have to say BoomBlox is awesome. Lots of fun for just one person or a whole party.

Do you have it hooked up to the internet? I just got mine connected (wireless). There are a ton of games you can download with wii points. A lot of old classics that are cool.

I also watch brewing videos on youtube with it now. Get it connected if you can!

Mario Cart is an absolute, absolute must. Wife and I play all the time. My daughter's starting to get the hang of it, too. Thing is, we bought this "Cars" driving game for her, and it sucks - controls are very unresponsive; you've got to be careful, there's a lot of crappy games out there.

+1 on Sports Resort. +1 on Kart. If you're into retro, check out the BIT.TRIP stuff on WiiWare; BIT.TRIP Beat is fantastic. Super Mario Galaxy is a must. The Rabbids games are loads of fun. Boom Blox is too. An obscure but critically acclaimed (and very challenging) puzzler is Zack and Wiki. You can easily find it for $15 used.

I'm torn between Sports Resort or the plain Wii Resort. Any suggestions?

I'd go for Resort. Just realize you have to buy the Motion Plus attachment. The game comes with one. IMO, Resort is much better than Sports since it takes advantage of the more responsive Motion Plus. It also has a lot more games than Sports.

Oh, man, am I addicted to Excite Truck! Good controls, nice courses. Wheee!

And I just bought The Sky Crawlers yesterday. I've only played it a little bit so far and haven't gotten the hang of it yet. Graphics are pretty cool, but I have to admit that I'm too old to really appreciate anime I suppose.

I got Mario Cart for Christmas. I was kinda disappointed in getting a video game instead of brew gear, but I tried it and loved it. This game is awesome! After you get the hang of the game, you can play online. Whole lotta fun.

Got the Wii Fit for the wife then she got pregnant and never used it. Meh.

We have the Wii fit and I think it's pretty useless. But I guess for those who have zero physical activity in their lives it would be better than nothing. The only thing I use it for is keeping track of my weight, however I'm not sure how accurate it is as a scale. I've read that it's pretty accurate. I just got back from a 6 day bender in Nashville for our annual sales meeting and after getting zero exercise and drinking myself stupid every night I gained 4 pounds, and I think that's probably about right.

+1 on Sports Resort. +1 on Kart. If you're into retro, check out the BIT.TRIP stuff on WiiWare; BIT.TRIP Beat is fantastic. Super Mario Galaxy is a must. The Rabbids games are loads of fun. Boom Blox is too. An obscure but critically acclaimed (and very challenging) puzzler is Zack and Wiki. You can easily find it for $15 used.

I'll second the Zack and Wiki recommendation. During all the snow days I've been playing back through it to get all the items. It brings back many memories of playing some of the great NES puzzle games. Adventures of Lolo anyone?

I've never heard of plain wii resort, but wii sports resort is my favorite wii game that I've tried.

As far as sports games go, any "true" sports games (i.e. Madden) are way to easy on wii if you're just doing single player, but SWMBO can beat me in Madden on the wii when I could almost definitely shut her out on PS2 (I'm a little old school).

Also, +1 on using wii points to get classic games. I spent $10 and got SMB 3 and Tecmo Bowl.

Super Mario WII is the greatest game ever made. Up to 4 players can play at once which makes it so much more fun.
Forgot to say WooHoo first post.

Mario Kart is great like everyone has mentioned. Super Mario Wii amazed me with its old school characteristics combined with the new Wii controls and gyro capabilities.. very cool game if you were into Mario growing up.

As fun as the Wii games are, I love going online late night and playing the old NES and Super Nintendo games like Zelda and Metroid.

Rockband 2 - its a bit of an investment to get the guitar/drums/mic plus game disc, but its hella fun and supports 4 players if you get a 2nd guitar (buy it used).

The Lego Star Wars is pretty fun too.

Boom Blox is entertaining for a while.

mario cart and homebrews and playing online is great too. i went with wii resort and bought another motion plus sensor.

We've had a lot of fun with Wii Sports and Boom Blox. My wife really enjoys the Raving Rabbids game too. I would stay away from whatever the new Boom Blox game is. The original is great though.

Here's the ones my wife and I like the most:
Trauma Center, Bomberman Blast (WiiWare), Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario, the Guitar Hero games, BoomBlox, World of Goo (WiiWare), that Wario game, Mario Galaxy, Lords of Thunder (Virtual Console)

Back