Yes, thank you for shaking my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker36

Reaction score
I'm sure all your customers who bring to you fine, imported Belgian beers love it when you bang and shake the bottles. It just does wonders for it! And never mind those of us that buy beer that has been bottle conditioned, I'm sure even BMC drinkers love it when you literally BANG THE BOTTLES ON THE COUNTER AND SHAKE THEM UP. Thank you for that, I was going to do it myself later, but you just made my day that much easier. See all that loose stuff on the bottom, I really wanted it all floating around in my beer as I drank. I also really appreciate the extra shaking because it means that I get to wait before I open it so it doesn't burst everywhere. You, good sir, deserve a raise.

Don't buy it after they do that. Tell them you want another one from the shelf that hasn't been mistreated. If you do that a couple of times the salespeople may get the hint. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate.

Wait a minute... Did this happen to you by any chance?It isn't right or cool, but the clerk at the store probably has no concept of bottle conditioned beer. You'd think they'd educate them better.The guy could've just been a bunghole, or it could be a conspiracy hatched between the store owner and BMC to keep a brother down! Yeah, that's it.For your revenge: Drink all but the last bottle. Make sure the sediment is visible in the bottom of the bottle. Carry it into the store and show it to the clerk while loudly demanding another case of something else. Pull more bottles of the same off the shelf showing sediment in all of them and ask for the number to the local health department.Hey, they screwed you. You are the wronged party here.Good luck, and try to avoid jail on this one.

Don't buy it after they do that.

+10,000
And make a little scene about it while you're at it. Ask for a manager.
I really think we need to form a national beer drinkers advocacy group. Apparently the brewing companies don't give enough of a **** about their products to educate the vendors, but I do.
We could put on little afternoon conferences with beer vendors to teach them why the hell you don't display the green bottles in the front window! Why you don't shake the hell out of my beer, no matter how may people are in line!
Why I expect them to do these few little steps when I'm paying over $9 for a 6 pack of this stuff!

Similar story; I was at the local store buying some good beers and the "bagger" takes the final beer turns it upside down and shoves it into the already full box...thanks for that :rolleyes:

Guys, don't make a scene about it. Just tell the salesperson what the deal is. You can be polite while being clear, and that works. Why does everyone want their lives to be like the G-D Jerry Springer show?

TL

And while you are bitching to them about stirring up your yeast, let them know how you feel about the server always bringing your Oberon with a friggin ORANGE in it! DAMM!! I like to get all up in their grill over dat **** !!!!!11

Guys, don't make a scene about it. Just tell the salesperson what the deal is. You can be polite while being clear, and that works. Why does everyone want their lives to be like the G-D Jerry Springer show?

TL

Because TexLaw,
Everyone is a big man behind thier little avatars on the internet, people are over reactionary, and seem to jump on the bandwagon of doom and gloom whenever they can.

Why does everyone want their lives to be like the G-D Jerry Springer show?

TL

I was being facetious. To be true! The fact is, if you want to receive good service, you must first be a good customer. Want Proof...take a friend into a restaurant...one of you act like a drunken trucker and the other one be a decent human to the waitress. See who gets better food and service. Trust me! From working my entire life in the service industry...there is in fact an ******* Tax! One way or another.

Then hit 'em with a folding chair!

Then take pictures of their naked sister, and pee on their pillow!

Wait. Wrong thread.

And +1 to the ****** who keeps sacking my $12 22oz of Double Dead Guy upside down with the cap shoved into my $11 4-pack of PranQster and my $12 4-pack of Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Very much appreciated. (*)

(*) - Just to note - this was at a specialty beer store. Not a grocery store. A high-end, fairly expensive store that caters almost exclusively to specialty beers, and not so much to the BMC's.

Back