Who else is brewing tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkeyfoot Jr.

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is brewing tonight. I've got a Belgian Tripple on the stove as I type this and I'm enjoying a Cream Ale that I think is finally completely ready, been in the bottle for 5 weeks.

Just finished my Blood Ale...changed the recipe and bit and turned out with a higher gravity than i expected 1.074 OG. Looks like i'm looking at a 7%+ brew

oh dear :)

I just finished cleaning up the kitchen after brewing a hefe today. I scorched the grain when doing a decoction, but the wort still tasted fine... so hopefully it'll be okay. The scorched grain adhered to the bottom of the pot so it didn't go back into the mash.

I'm not brewing but tonight is a triple bottling night. I bottled my Belgian Dubbel and the 07.07.07 - 7 Grain Revolution, and up next is Brewpastor's 07.07.07 Rye IPA. I have two brews planned for the rest of the weekend.

Brewsmith said:
I'm not brewing but tonight is a triple bottling night. I bottled my Belgian Dubbel and the 07.07.07 - 7 Grain Revolution, and up next is Brewpastor's 07.07.07 Rye IPA. I have two brews planned for the rest of the weekend.
How in GODS name do you brew SOOOOO much??? you dont have any kids in the house do you??
JJ

My belgian was brewed in December, and it's now 6 months old. The 7 Grain was brewed inthe beginning of April, and the IPA about 2 weeks after that. I haven't had any time at all lately. This weekend is playing catch-up. And I am married with an almost 3-year-old. He helped me put bottles in the boxes. We practiced his counting. He can get to 13 before he ends up repeating numbers.

thats bad ass bro. I do the same thing with my kids. I have three of them running around 9, 5 and 2 I just brewed yesterday with all the kids. WHAT FUN!!!
JJ

Not brewing tonight. Bottled my first batch today! and have been reading about brewing all night (except when I walked the dog and it was beautiful out)

Congrats on the first brew. Try your best to be patient with them. You'll want to try one after a week, but try to resist. There's too many stories around here of first brews being about gone by the time the brewer realizes they are getting really good.

I'm going to do my best. I've got some motivation though. I plan on leaving them conditioning for 2 weeks (checking daily to make sure I haven't had any hand grenades). Putting one in the refrigerator on the 9th, give it a try on the 10th, and if it comes out good then I can present it on my 21st birthday on the 11th.

I meant to post more last night but once things got rolling with the brew I couldn't seem to find the time. I should have learned by now that I'm no longer a night owl so starting a brew at 8:30 at night is not such a good idea. It was 1:30 before I had everything done including clean-up. All in all I think things went okay. No activity yet in the fermenter but mine always seem to take 24 hours or so to show any real activity.

Back