HELP! first time using white labs pitchable liquid yeast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ok, so last might i brewed my first American style lager. After it had cooled to 71 of so degrees I aerated my wert as good as i could and dumped in the yeast. on the vile it says fermintation should be visable in 5-15 hours. it has now been 20 hours and still no signs of any activity! and if I did do something wrong would it still be possible to add another yeast pack or is the batch lost

thanx for any help

Which yeast are you using? Lager yeasts require lower temperatures, and they take longer to ferment.

72 hours to see airlock activity is the time it took for my first brew, pitching from a White Labs vial. The beer was fantastic. Although it may be different for a lager yeast.

it was a lager yeast and i will be cold fermenting but have to wait until fermentation begins to do that. on the vile it said the wert had to stay at least 70 degrees until fermintation begins

You know, naming yourself "underagedbrewmeister" is a clue that you may be underage. Come back next year, and we'll be glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back