Where to drink in Clearfield/Ogden, UT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything on tap will will be 3.2% ABW, 4.0% ABV. To get greater than that it has to be served from a bottle.

I've heard of Roosters but have never been. I haven't spent much time up there since my youth. Most of the bars I went to were dive strip joints or meat market dance clubs.

If you go to Roosters be sure to try their sampler. The food there is good but there brew is not my favorite. Just down the street from Rooster's in Layton is a MacCools Pub. Great place for dinner, they usually have something good in the cask or they also have Bohemian on tap. Try the Cherry Bock.

If you go to Ogden and you like Jazz, check out The Wine Cellar. They have a few good micros on tap.

Man, Ogden I was through there a few years back and hit up the rockin' hotel bar at the Marriott. I think I still have the temporary club membership I had to buy at Brewski's sitting around here somewhere. So, yeah, Roosters seemed okay. :D

Believe it or not but private clubs are a thing of the past, it will be 2 years in July. The only clubs that still have them are those that want to have them.

And I just found out my niece applied to work at MacCools. Crap, I can't believe she's old enough to do that.

Well, I got the sampler. The Maibock and the Polygomy Pale Ale were decent. As mentioned above, low abv and very low on malt flavor and character. $4 a pint for watered down beer.

Back