All Grain Brewing Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenpolitico

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm ready to dive into all grain brewing, but I need a little help on building a set up. Does anyone have a line on any plans that would be good for an outdoor all grain brewing setup? Any help will be much appreciated.

A good start might be searching for brew rigs on here. People post their pictures all the time and there should be several dedicated threads to people showing off their setups. I think you'll need to figure out what style you are going for: Brew In A Bag, Single Tier setup with pumps, Three Tier, Cooler for a MLT, direct fire vs electric, keggles, and on and on. Poke around other people's rigs.

Your going to get better information if you give more details of what type of set up your wanting to build and your budget.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but this is my ghetto brew-rig, featuring the 15 dollar harbor freight folding workbench and milk crate.

Been doing it this way for 5 years.

303060_10150300016239067_620469066_7917250_382044247_n.jpg

I just mash out into a bucket to get my pre-boil volume, then transfer it to my kettle after I've collected all my runnings. The only thing not pictured is my wort chiller.

Here is my set up it all in how much you want to spend and if you are a toy guy like me or not. Both will make good beer. It's about the brewer not the rig!

IMG_0071.jpg

Here's what I'm working with. This picture was taken during the sparge. I throw the burner under the keggle when its time to boil. Been working great like this for several years, although I'm thinking about a pump since the keg with 8 gallons of wort before the boil is becoming a bit of a hassle to lift.

IMG-20120421-00161.jpg

My set up is a lot like revvy's but replace the milk crate with a papasan ottoman and the bucket with my boil kettle. I used to use a 9 gal boil kettle and a $12 ocean state job lot stainless 5 gallon stock pot for my sparge water.

Now the 9 gal is the hlt, I have both 5 gal and 10 gal drinking cooler mash tuns and a 15 gal blichmann kettle

Back