What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to post last night but this was my first. SOO GOOD! My BMC drinking buddy was over and loved these too, hopefully he will be my third craft beer conversion :D

2013-10-30 20.49.11.jpg

Yup, the Jasmine tea gave me the crazies. I just signed up for two chemistry courses on the interwebz. Got an address for the place we checked out yesterday and a name for the owner. Had managed to properly decode the number on the for sale sign, now I just need to actually get the woman to call me back. Waiting on city planning to call me back for some info on rezoning. It's residential now, hopefully not a big hassle to get it rezoned as it's across from large industrial area.

Here it is if you want to take a look.

Looks like a good amount of parking - and the frontage looks like a saloon :)

I'd say the house immediately behind the building would be your most likely source of complaint with zoning.

Trying a bottle of my apfelwein. It should be carbonated by now but it is not. I don't think people will like this. it is quite dry and not super sweet. I guess in retrospect I should have known that but I'll be happy to drink it all if I have to. :D Starting another 5 gal batch using nottingham and apple cider from wally world today. That shouldn't take as long as the apfelwein did, I don't think. :D

Yea, I was going to ask who the lucky new neighbor is.

Good question. Not planning on being a late night kind of place, so hopefully it's not a huge concern for them. If you zoom out a bit, it abuts a huge industrial area and there is a railroad behind it, so I can't see us being a noise concern to someone who's used to train horns at all hours. Not having heard back from the owner with a price or if it's still for sale, if she'd lease, etc, etc... I'll saving worrying about the neighbors for a later date. ;)

Good question. Not planning on being a late night kind of place, so hopefully it's not a huge concern for them. If you zoom out a bit, it abuts a huge industrial area and there is a railroad behind it, so I can't see us being a noise concern to someone who's used to train horns at all hours. Not having heard back from the owner with a price or if it's still for sale, if she'd lease, etc, etc... I'll saving worrying about the neighbors for a later date. ;)

For the record, I was not being sarcastic. Hopefully it is someone who enjoys good beer and will become your best customer.

Trying a bottle of my apfelwein. It should be carbonated by now but it is not. I don't think people will like this. it is quite dry and not super sweet. I guess in retrospect I should have known that but I'll be happy to drink it all if I have to. :D Starting another 5 gal batch using nottingham and apple cider from wally world today. That shouldn't take as long as the apfelwein did, I don't think. :D

I always warn people that it is dry and tart. Haven't had anyone not ask for seconds yet. With how high the alcohol is in the Edwort recipe (8.5-9.5) it will probably take longer to carb than your standard beer. Also with how long you leave it in primary you probably transfer less yeast. Maybe advise people to mix it with some fresh apple juice to backsweeten if they so desire.

On a couple of conference calls now (as a silent participant for the most part) and then we get off at 3, so ... my saison. Saison & pumpkins - who's with me? :D

Assuming the Mrs feels like a beer after work, which I'm 99% sure she will as she's off tomorrow, today will be my only pumpkin beer of the year. So I'm with ya! Wouldn't mind a brew now, but I'm going to run first.

Just keep the celebratory gunfire to a minimum at night :D

Yup, the Jasmine tea gave me the crazies. I just signed up for two chemistry courses on the interwebz. Got an address for the place we checked out yesterday and a name for the owner. Had managed to properly decode the number on the for sale sign, now I just need to actually get the woman to call me back. Waiting on city planning to call me back for some info on rezoning. It's residential now, hopefully not a big hassle to get it rezoned as it's across from large industrial area.

Here it is if you want to take a look.

Nice building, looks a lot like Greenbush Brewing

I always warn people that it is dry and tart. Haven't had anyone not ask for seconds yet. With how high the alcohol is in the Edwort recipe (8.5-9.5) it will probably take longer to carb than your standard beer. Also with how long you leave it in primary you probably transfer less yeast. Maybe advise people to mix it with some fresh apple juice to backsweeten if they so desire.

For sure. I made it for one person really so at best, she'll have to add more juice to it. I've just set up another batch, OG is 1.064 and I used the ale yeast. I think it'll be good. It won't be super dry like EdWorts. I like Edworts though. :)

Drinking coke and working.

We have a lil old place on the other end of the block (a country block!) that looks a lot like that. About the same size too,but low lying land. Damn it,that woulda been a good location...save for our church being kitty corner across the street.

Have the day off so I am cleaning and de-labeling bottles for my vanilla/pumpkin spice imperial porter and loving the fook outta this Celebration

ForumRunner_20131031_123319.jpg

Ahhhhhh sorry to hear that. not trying other beers from a brewery over one beer? Sounds kinda lame!

Im not saying I wont touch anything I just havent. My local store that I usually go to only carries their pilsner. But since I see the rave about the blueberry i might give it a shot if I can find it at another store

Dragons milk....sorry that stuff is definatly not my style....cant get over the weird tastes I get from it.

Im not saying I wont touch anything I just havent. My local store that I usually go to only carries their pilsner. But since I see the rave about the blueberry i might give it a shot if I can find it at another store

Dragons milk....sorry that stuff is definatly not my style....cant get over the weird tastes I get from it.

I have tried a lot of bourbon stouts .. and dragons milk has to be near the bottom.. too much of an oak taste and an overpowering bourbon taste too.. burns like you just took a shot. If they scaled the % down without the fuselage taste it may be better. Im not Saying its bad.. but not the first one I would reach for from that style

I have tried a lot of bourbon stouts .. and dragons milk has to be near the bottom.. too much of an oak taste and an overpowering bourbon taste too.. burns like you just took a shot. If they scaled the % down without the fuselage taste it may be better. Im not Saying its bad.. but not the first one I would reach for from that style

That's what I said (too much of an oak taste) months ago when I tried it and I got blasted here. F that noise! Overrated ass beer.

Sounds about how I remember it.

For the record, I was not being sarcastic. Hopefully it is someone who enjoys good beer and will become your best customer.

Sarcasm is my usual form of coomunication so I just assume the same for others. ;)

Just keep the celebratory gunfire to a minimum at night :D

Of course. Not like I still live in Idaho.

Dragons Milk, Atwater, you just hate any good beer huh? Lol

Ahhhhhh sorry to hear that. not trying other beers from a brewery over one beer? Sounds kinda lame!

Fooking homers.

Back