new to kegging...and got a few more questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailman

Reaction score
Ok last Sunday we kegged 5 gal and and forced carbonation at 30 psi. We did agitate the keg untill it would hold no more co2. Then we let the pressure out of the head space and then put back on the co2 at 10 psi. We did this twice but still low carbonation. Well it has been at 10 psi all week. Im sure that the carbonation is ok now but what do I do now.Do I cut the pressure regulator down to 0 psi and then increse to get the proper flow that I want? Or do I half to let the pressure out of the head space first.:confused:

Yeah, you need to balance your system. Figure how many vols of CO2 you want, then set the regulator at the proper pressure to corrispond to your keggerator temp. Then you need to add as much tubing as needed. 4 feet will be too short. My system is set for 12 psi @ 42 degrees and I use 6-7 feet 3/16 hose.

So, now that that is behind us, usually it takes about 7-10 days for me to carbonate my beers at serving pressure. When you do the shake method, you want to have the beer cold.

flaminio said:
Yeah, you need to balance your system. Figure how many vols of CO2 you want, then set the regulator at the proper pressure to corrispond to your keggerator temp. Then you need to add as much tubing as needed. 4 feet will be too short. My system is set for 12 psi @ 42 degrees and I use 6-7 feet 3/16 hose.

So, now that that is behind us, usually it takes about 7-10 days for me to carbonate my beers at serving pressure. When you do the shake method, you want to have the beer cold.
When you use the "set it and forget it" method (which I prefer), the beer needs to be cold too.....at least it works quicker if it's cold.

Latest posts

Back