Salton Kegerator Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUICK UDPATE:

This is what it looks like so far...dunno what you guys think.

i`m thinking of filling the board and flange with spray foam to equal it all out....

CIMG1608.jpg

CIMG1610.jpg

CIMG1611.jpg

Are you planning to run your mounting bolts all the way to the interior or just attach the flange to the plywood? If the former I wouldn't worry about back-filling with the spray foam. If the latter you'll probably want it for the extra stability, but I wouldn't spray the foam until after you've re-installed and secured the top. Make sure you put some weight on it, you'd be surprised the pushing power that stuff has as it expands and cures.

I`m planning on mounting the bolts all the way to the interior. I just don't want to put the top over the plywood and leaving a gap...not that it would likely affect the stability, i just want to make sure that the top remains solid all over. Perhaps if I simply add a second plywood over and cut it in a way that would fill the gap....

Looking good Gabrew
Welcome to the board. :mug:
I like the idea of cutting a board to fill in the void....maybe some pink insulation cut to size might be an easier application or a expanding insulation trim to fit?

Cheers
BeerCanick

I have a salton I am part way through converting. This thread has been extremely helpful so far, but I have a question:

I have ground down the 'ridges' as the OP did, which exposes the foam that is under the plastic. Do I need to worry about covering/sealing this exposed area?

Thanks,
Walter.

Latest posts

Back