Attention Wisconsin Brewers!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some have updated and inferred...

The 2 amendments were adopted and the bill was concurred upon by the assembly. The bill was then immediately messaged back to the Senate where they need to agree with the changes. Yes, this CAN happen anytime except that it is not presently on the agenda for the Senate for today.

Given the nature of the amendments and the fact that it was unanimous - 1, if it can be put before them, this COULD still pass today. But, I'm not so sure it will make it to the floor.

Jaz

Actions-
Read a second time

Representatives Roys, Barca, Hebl, Richards, Milroy, Clark, Hulsey, Seidel, E. Coggs, Mason, Knilans, Vos, Bernier, Knudson, Kuglitsch, Weininger, Steineke, Kleefisch, Rivard, Bewley,
Billings, Jacque, Bies and Petersen added as cosponsors

Assembly amendment 1 adopted

Assembly amendment 2 adopted

Ordered to a third reading

Rules suspended

Read a third time and concurred in as amended

Ordered immediately messaged

Thanks for the clarification Jaz. I'm no politician. ;)

Me neither. I'm pretty much a "calls it like I sees it" kind of guy. I would fail miserably if that was my career choice.

But, as far as the legislative process, I've learned quite a lot following a couple bills in the past years. Although those were no where near as tame/bi-partisan as this one.

In my opinion, the assembly's amendments do not significantly change the law and do little to clarify the law. I think they made a mistake by adding the amendments and should have simply passed the bill to the gov.

Boo and hiss.

Doesn't the Senate meet today at 1PM? That is what the camera for the live feed on the floor seems to indicate. I did miss what was happening however before this. Anyone have a link to these proposed amendments???

Go here and scroll to the bottom. There are links to the amendments.

Thanks guys for tracking this and posting updates here. I've been in Hawaii all week and have been getting my status updates from you. (i know- risky to believe anything here, but I trust you folks for some unknown reason)

I just ordered a Kona Longboard lager to celebrate.

Congrats! This is a huge step forward for Wisconsin.

Good times!

A GREAT BIG thank you to everyone who contacted their senators and reps to get this done.

Time for a BEER!!!

Jaz

P.S. or two...

Ok this is great! But.........

I am not a lawyer. Can someone please translate the amendments into language that normal people would use?

Literally no substantive changes. They just added duplicate information to more sections to supposedly add clarity. As stated above, I think their amendments makes the law more duplicative (and therefore longer to read) while adding nothing substantive.

Once again jazzman, instead of ignoring actually repeats the statement.

And this IS a political thread in the first place.

And BTW. It was a freaking joke. Get a sense of humor or have some sex or something. Sheesh. Typical.

But you can stand behind your uneducated buffoon all you want.

And BTW. It was a freaking joke. Get a sense of humor or have some sex or something. Sheesh. Typical.

Don't you already have your own thread for being a dick about this subject? Please leave your diatribe in other places. This was a great thread for the sharing of facts, let's leave it at that.

Well, no. This is NOT a political thread, as here our rules clearly state that NO political or controversial issues shall ever be in the technical forum. The only appropriate place for political talk is in the Debate Forum. This is a major infraction of the rules.

Name calling is another major infraction of the rules.

Snide remarks (one of which was already deleted in a different thread) are another infraction.

Unless you want to be known as "Grinder who was formerly on HBT", you will abide by the rules. Consider editing your post, as if a mod has to do it you probably won't be happy with the results.

Anyone know when it will actually get signed, and when it goes into effect?

I'm not sure when the signing ceremony will occur as they've passed a large amount of legislation over the last week or so. But, I would expect that to happen in the next week or two. Then it needs to get published which typically is a week. Per the bill, it goes into effect the first day of the 3rd month following publication.

So, best guess would be July 1st, but it might be June 1st depending on how fast things occur.

Jaz

Grinder12000 said:
Well - "publish" only means put it on the internet somewhere! so it should take less then a week.

well technically the secretary of state Doug la follette has to publish it. It can be done online and is typically done by the reference bureau within 10 working days after it is signed.

I think in the senate and assembly schedules, the bills from the previous floor session weren't sent to the gov until 3/22. So, I would assume that the signing clock started yesterday, but I'm no expert on these things.

"This coming Monday, April 2nd Governor Walker is scheduled to sign SB 395!"

I honestly wish he wouldn't... If he gets recalled then so does that bill. (I am not trying to talk about pro/con of politicians) If he doesn't sign it, it becomes law after so many days and the recall wouldn't matter.

This weighs heavy with me...because IF there is a recall we could have to try and push it through again...

:drunk:

because IF there is a recall we could have to try and push it through again...

Are you implying that every law Walker signed would also get voided if he's recalled? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, any WI governor would sign this legislation. Wouldn't be too worried.

If it's signed into law, it's signed into law. They'd have to actively repeal the legislation after that regardless of a recall.

So... who's hosting the first legal competition in July? :ban:

So... who's hosting the first legal competition in July? :ban:

IDK but I am planning on doing a club meeting side by side of Bucksnort Brown brewed on Big Brew Day (May 5th) and actively advertising our clubs comp in Nov...

Uh, no. I'm not sure where you got your information. But, a recall isn't going to change any completed legislation. If it's been signed (or failed to sign and signed automatically) and published, it's law until new legislation is drafted/passed/signed/published to change it.

The only thing that a successful recall will change is who does the business of the recalled office going forward.

Jaz

I honestly wish he wouldn't... If he gets recalled then so does that bill. (I am not trying to talk about pro/con of politicians) If he doesn't sign it, it becomes law after so many days and the recall wouldn't matter.

This weighs heavy with me...because IF there is a recall we could have to try and push it through again...

:drunk:

Uh, no. I'm not sure where you got your information. But, a recall isn't going to change any completed legislation. If it's been signed (or failed to sign and signed automatically) and published, it's law until new legislation is drafted/passed/signed/published to change it.

The only thing that a successful recall will change is who does the business of the recalled office going forward.

Jaz

I hear so many different things from so many different people about how politics works in our state that I can seldom determine the truth...

Gov. Walker is scheduled to sign Senate Bill 395 sometime between 3:30pm and 5:00pm today.

Grinder12000 said:
Not really anything to celebrate. It's a common sense thing with only one person in Wisconsin against it.

Unfortunately common sense is something to celebrate in politics these days...

Ok, Wisconsin SB395 of the 2011-2012 session has now officially become Act 200 as signed by the Governor on April 2, 2012. The publication is "done" with the official publication as April 16th, 2012 (next Monday) as designated by the Secretary of State.

So, the effective date for the new law is July 1st, 2012.

Thanks again to everyone who made this effort become reality!
Jaz

Ok, Wisconsin SB395 of the 2011-2012 session has now officially become Act 200 as signed by the Governor on April 2, 2012. The publication is "done" with the official publication as April 16th, 2012 (next Monday) as designated by the Secretary of State.

So, the effective date for the new law is July 1st, 2012.

Thanks again to everyone who made this effort become reality!
Jaz

Excellent. Thanks to you and everyone else in the thread who kept us all apprised of the parliamentary BS. :mug:

Latest posts

Back