• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(2) stirplates with stirbars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kincade

Reaction score
EDIT: clear is sold. Black still available.

I have 2 stirplates for sale. Both work perfectly and are based off the LM-317 circuit which allows you to set your low and high speed limits. I've used both with 2000ml and 5000ml flasks and they work very well.

The clear is one from brewershardware and includes a stirbar, and the power supply unplugs. The black one is the same circuit but adds an LED bar graph to tell you how far it is turned up (cosmetic only, they are functionally the same). Both use rare earth magnets instead of hard drive magnets which are much easier to balance.

Asking $40 + $5 shipping to the lower 48 for each one. Each includes a stirbar, power supply, etc. If you want both, I'll ship both for the $5 and throw in another stirbar and waterproof electric thermometer (pictured).

Sorry the photo is so bad, my camera had a hard time focusing!

P1020405.jpg

Travelingbrewer, PMsent.

Lenny, I've never used a growler but I have used a 5000ml and 2000ml flask on each and it has worked fine. The black is slightly larger and would more easily accomodate a larger vessel.

Please post in the thread first if you want one and specify which, as I only have 5 PMs in my inbox and have a hard time keeping it empty.

Uncleben113, just replied to you as well via PM. Let me know which you are interested in.

To answer the question about shipping, they will ship via usps. If you want a quicker delivery, I can go via fedex ground a very slightly higher shipping rate.

I have sold a bunch of stuff here in the past, if you want references I can direct you to the threads and feedback on those items.

Ok, black one sold pending payment to travelingbrewer22.

Clear one sold pending payment to uncleben113.

I'll post again if one falls through.

Clear sold to uncleben113, payment received. I'll send confirmation as soon as it goes out the door.

Black is still available. Let me know what questions I can answer Maxam.

Black one sold to chezzesteak pending reciept of funds (thanks for the PM); atjsparty is second in line should it fall through.

Well that's part of the reason I went for the clear one. I thought you were getting the black one

Wow, I guess I didn't use strong enough vocabulary.

Maxam,

I'm sorry if you feel slighted, that was not my intention. You said "I'm interested in the black one", and I offered to give you more information. In the meantime, I had 2 others say 'I will buy it'. I didn't take 'interest' to mean 'I will buy this' and I apologize if that is what you meant. Did you see my response above, to which you never responded? "Black is still available. Let me know what questions I can answer Maxam."

I did screw up here, it looks like atjsparty posted before cheezesteak PM'd me but for some reason the notification came for the PM first. I didn't notice while posting from my phone. In any case, sorry guys; didn't mean to sell it out from underneath anyone. I try to be very up front and keep the 'line' well organized in plain view of everyone. I will be updating threads from my PC now instead of my phone. I'll PM both of you if anything changes with the stirplates.

Uncleben, the black was sold to travelingbrewer (see: "I'll take the black one just to clarify"). He later backed out.

No worries. I worked all long day and babysat my niece and nephew all night so I didn't have much access to the forums. I've actually spent the morning working on a design and collecting parts around the house to build my own.

No worries. I worked all long day and babysat my niece and nephew all night so I didn't have much access to the forums. I've actually spent the morning working on a design and collecting parts around the house to build my own.

I'll let you know if anything changes. Sorry about the mixup. If you are building your own I do think the LM317 is vastly superior to the simple rheostat, if only because you can set the lower and upper speeds making the speed adjustment much more useful.

Back