I screwed up big time!!! I think.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan0914

Reaction score
So I bought a ranco temp controller 112000-000 which is the 24v version not the 120v one. i was wondering if i can switch it to 120. i saw on the circuit board that there is space right below the space it is in now for the 24v. it ways NC 120 Com. I that the space that would be for 120. would it be as easy as un-soldering the connections it is in now and putting it there. Im hoping it is. Im hoping that some of you out there that are a lot better than i am at electronics can answer this for me.

I'd think that if it were that simple they would sell it with a dip switch inside to change modes and you'd be done with it.

As we say in the hood..U be F*&ked.
24v is only for 24v switching
But I am sure somebody here may want it. Post it in the Classified Ads, and minimze your losses.

For like $25 you can buy an SSR relay that will take 24v control voltage to a 120v load. Did you call and ask if they'll exchange it?

no I didn't call, i got it off ebay and they noted in the fine print that it was a 24v so there really isnt all that much I can do. but i found a buddy that is going to buy it for his all electric setup he's building. So im now trying to find a 2 stage cheap.
does anyone know of a good stage other than ranco?

Back