WOOHOO 1st mr.beer , success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superrican

Reaction score
okay so its been 1 month and i finally opened the first plastic bottle and MMMM Good...... is it normal to have stuff at the bottom of the bottle??
1234058825990.jpg

BY THE WAY.....the pink pots aint mine........fiance......so no smart comments lol

You will have sediment from the yeast at the bottom, yes, this is normal with all HB. Congrats on your success

Another cherry... popped! Welcome to the obsession that will probably free you from explaining anymore pink pots... Congratulations! You're life has just changed, forever. Brew on yon startling, brew on.:rockin:

"I couldn't be more excited if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet."
Clark W. Griswold

Dude, you are so whipped... she brought in PINK cookware? :mug:

You cannot escape comments about pink pots. You cannot claim they are your fiancee's and expect to get away with it. No way, no how.:D

And congrats on the first brew, pink-pot boy.:rockin:

I'm guessin you boiled your wort in HER pink brew kettle too huh? Anywho, congrats and enjoy the beer.....

Nice job! She must be a keeper to let her move pink pots into your house. Now the question is.... Does she like "Your" beer?

Cheers

Now come on guys. You all know most of our favorite bits and pieces are PINK.

Cue Steven Tyler here:

Pink it's my new obsession
Pink it's not even a question,
Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause
Pink is the love you discover .............

Question for you (or other mr beer brewers) - when you bottled yours, it says in the instructions after you put the sugar in and fill with beer, to "invert" several times... That seems like it would introduce a lot of oxygen into the beer. Something to worry about?

Question for you (or other mr beer brewers) - when you bottled yours, it says in the instructions after you put the sugar in and fill with beer, to "invert" several times... That seems like it would introduce a lot of oxygen into the beer. Something to worry about?

Are you following the instructions and putting sugar in each bottle. If that is the case then I would do it that way. When I bottle from my MB I rack to a bottling bucket and prime the whole batch, then bottle from there.

Are you following the instructions and putting sugar in each bottle. If that is the case then I would do it that way. When I bottle from my MB I rack to a bottling bucket and prime the whole batch, then bottle from there.

Good advice, that way all the bottles carbonate evenly and you lessen the risk of bottle bombs. My first Mr Beer batch, I boiled about a cup of water with corn sugar, then added that straight to the fermentor. I mixed it up carefully, trying not to disturb the trub too much, then bottled.

Lol y'all are horrible....yaaaa I'm guilty I did brew the wort. In the pink pots , lol , sorry for the late response I spent saturday an sunday downin my beer with my friends, my beer was a hit . But ya. My girl liked the beer . Thanks for all the comments , ....... its funny because I had gotten impatient and opened one bottle prematurely and man it tasted like carbonated yeast with sugar....ewww....but damn 1 month but hey it was worth the wait ............a few more batches and ill be upgrading

Congrats! You're on your way. Now you need one of these to go along with your pink cookware.

led%20beer%20glass%20pink.jpg

Actually the pink doesnt bother me, but you'll get a whippin if those are Rachel Ray pots!;)

What the hell is the pink thing behind the beer glass? It looks like you have a pink sheep in your garbage can. Are you sure you didn't use a Mrs. Beer? Congrats on the successful brew!

lol ............... question guys , after 4 bottles later , i kind of notice it being a TADDD bit like it has too much carbonation.... is that due to , too much suger when i bottled it?? ,

Yesterday was Sunday. Since Georgia wont get with the program, we still cant buy beer here on Sunday. But wait! I had my Mr. Beer WCPA in the fridge and it was ready to drink! Problem solved. Since its your first batch, Im assuming it was the same (WCPA)? It was aged a bit longer than yours and pretty good too. One thing we all noticed though: we all got instant headaches. It was nothing an Advil Liquid Gel couldnt take care of, but usually i get head aches from cheap beer. did this happen to you? pretty pots!

Yesterday was Sunday. Since Georgia wont get with the program, we still cant buy beer here on Sunday. But wait! I had my Mr. Beer WCPA in the fridge and it was ready to drink! Problem solved. Since its your first batch, Im assuming it was the same (WCPA)? It was aged a bit longer than yours and pretty good too. One thing we all noticed though: we all got instant headaches. It was nothing an Advil Liquid Gel couldnt take care of, but usually i get head aches from cheap beer. did this happen to you? pretty pots!

nah man cant say mine had that effect........ mines all gone now .... everyone LOVED it , except everyone told me it was like drinking beer with selsar water lol ? , maybe ill add less sugar next time

Ahh More Beer, that was about $3OOO.OO ago. That little kit has caused many a great nights and many of great fights with the wife. Loved both equally as well. My advise is read here and you will save a ton on getting the correct equipment the first go round. You will be expanding....won't you? By the way, my More Beer is now my bank.

Back