Perks of living in the city

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martymoat

Reaction score
Hit the jackpot today, Its friday im out of work early i get off the train to pick my son up from daycare and i see a shopping cart sitting on the avanue and a scavenger with all kinds of crap in it and 2 half barrel kegs....... WAIT DOUBLE TAKE !!!!! does this guy really have 2 kegs sitting right in front of me. ..? Yes he did and i did not even size him up at all for how many drugs he could be worked over on , i walked right up and actually before i asked him how much started to take them from his cart. Later i realized this was most likely not the greatest idea because that is that mans cart of heroin money for later tonight. So we get down to business he says 10 dollars for them. I offered him 20 for both and asked him if he would wait around for me for a half an hour or so while i got my son home and picked up the truck. So i get back to the location and the cart has not moved but the man is gone i wait for a few minutes and he surfaces and im loading the kegs up and he then says "hey i have these to " and gives me a party style air pump tap and coupler and another sanke coupler.

so 2 half barrel kegs and 2 taps for $ 20.00

now i will have the ability to do two batches in one session and the scavenger is high as hell. its a win for all

win for all except whomever he stole them from...most sankes in circulation belong to breweries. Not trying to be accusatory, but it is a big problem for the breweries lately with scrap prices being what they are.

Back