Howdy from Rocky Top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lithy

Reaction score
Just checking in. Been lurking a while and decided that since my active days at RateBeer will be declining as I decide to save* money by homebrewing more I should sign up over here.

Been homebrewing for about a year and a half now, done about 10 batches, currently just bottled a Berliner Weisse, have 2 batches of Witbier going that will be wedding favors in June.

*I say that, but most recently I've just started spending more on homebrew equipment. So we'll see. At the very least I'll have much more homebrew to drink.

My current set includes a 5 gallon igloo cooler with copper manifold for an MLT, an 8 gallon Bayou Classic stainless steel kettle, and several glass carboy fermenters. As well as all the standard beginner's bits and pieces.

I have recently picked up two 15.5 gallon kegs that will become a new kettle and HLT when I get the room and fabrication done.

Good afternoon, sounds like a nice set up. I think I will be moving on to the igloo cooler setup soon. I have brew 14 brews in about a year and a half. I recently started partial mashes (2) brewed on the stove, I used deathbrewers pictorial and it worked great. Everyone that uses the coolers on the site say they are awesome. That is why I am going to use one, A million home brewers can't be wrong. Anyway , welcome , goodluck. CHEERS:mug:

Welcome to Rocky top from Wobbly bottom. :)

Edit: I actually know how to edit this post....You woulda thought I would have done so, wouldn't you? :eek:

Welcome, Lithy.

I lived in Knox-Vegas for 15 yrs. Hopefully you're frequenting Fermentation Station down there. IMHO, they're good people.

Back