Saint Charles, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get something basic. Your best bet is to go to The Homebrew Shop in downtown St. Charles. The place is great and Ed Seaman really knows his stuff. Tell him want you want to accomplish and he will set you up.

Welcome to the hobby!:mug:

Get something basic. Your best bet is to go to The Homebrew Shop in downtown St. Charles. The place is great and Ed Seaman really knows his stuff. Tell him want you want to accomplish and he will set you up.

Welcome to the hobby!:mug:

He is like 5 minutes from my house.
With my crazy schedule every time i have had time he was not opened.
Now i lost my job(not a bad thing time to get out of the auto industry)so i have plenty of time.

Then go, man!:D Call ahead, just in case. I know of at least one member here who got started in brewing simply b/c he walked by that shop while having dinner with his wife in downtown St. Chucks. The place was closed and he peered in the window. Ed saw him, invited him in and went over everything he'd need to get started. The rest, as they say, is history...

I'll be there from 4-7pm both Wed & Thur and all day Saturday. I'll get you all set up and brewing this weekend. It's the best shop in the Chicago area w/o question and mere minutes from your house. Lucky you!

oh and welcome!

The hours are a bit goofy as are many lhbs.

Monday - closed
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11am-7pm
Wednesday 4-7pm
Saturday 10am-4pm
Sunday noon-4

I also have to endorse The Homebrew Shop. Good place to go if you don't want to end up on a wild goose chase. Not to mention local. For me, it's an hour round trip, but it's my #1 choice in the area.

Back