Air Force Tuition Assistance for brew classes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trey.allen

Reaction score
Not sure where else to post this, so I will try it here.

Has anyone on here had experience using the Air Force Tuition Assistance program to pay for online Brewing courses? I'm trying to find one to take.

I emailed the Siebel Institute to see if they had any experience with this.

Anyone else have any leads? Thanks.

trey

The UC Davis extension accepts VA. Especially now, talk to a VA rep. If you were in after 911, you get hooked up with the new Chapter 33 which includes 100% tuition and BAH. But.... all the classes Ive ever seen fill up well in advance so get on it.

The UC Davis extension accepts VA. Especially now, talk to a VA rep. If you were in after 911, you get hooked up with the new Chapter 33 which includes 100% tuition and BAH. But.... all the classes Ive ever seen fill up well in advance so get on it.

I'm guessing he's still in, since he's talking about TA. I don't think you can use the new Chapter 33 (better known as the Post 9/11 GI Bill) benefits if you are active duty, but I could be wrong. Plus, once you switch to Post 9/11 GI Bill, you cannot go back to Chapter 30. Which in certain circumstances can cost you a lot of money depending on where you are from.

OP: I'm not sure what the Air Force calls it, but talk to your unit's Education Officer. He/she would be able to help you getting it approved through your chain of command.

I am pretty sure TA only covers courses that help attain a higher education degree and certifications. Like ground school is included. You'd have to make it sound like you were taking courses in order to become a vrewmaster at a brewery. Even then, they may not see that as beneficial to them (AF).

All in all, ask your Ed. Office

btw, TSgt in the 927th AMXS here. Crew Chief ;)

I looked into this last year. The Siebel Institute is a private company. They are not a registered institution of higher learning as defined by the state or federal government. They are not subject to government inspections and can operate independently of any regulation. They are private, industry recognized training.

Therefore these programs do NOT qualify for GI Bill assistance as they are not recognized institution.

Latest posts

Back