Drinking your mistakes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
In this case, the mistake was not checking the label closely at the store. I will officially blame: 1. Rogue's policy of using the same logos over and over. B. Low blood sugar, because I had to fast for some blood work.

Any way, I'm now drinking a pint of Rogue Hazelnut Brown. I've avoided it in the past, as I am not a fan of hazelnuts. The hazelnut is definitely in the background, though. It's more bitter (33 IBU) than I like for a brown. It's malty, has complex caramels, hop flavor and aroma are subdued. A little surprising since Perle is one of the hops.

It won't replace Pelican's Doryman's dark or 4-5 other browns I enjoy. Given the choice between most Belgians and yet-another-IPA, I'd drink it again. Since it's a bomber, I'll be doing that soon.

I like that beer. But one pint is the limit...

Pelican Pub's beers are outstanding tho'!! Doryman, IPA, Belgian style beers they make... damn I love that place. Most outstanding brewpub on earth IMHO.

Back