Fischer Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
Greetings. I am looking for a source of the European version of the Fischer flip-top bottles. These have the French logo of the kid drinking a beer sitting on the barrel; the export version - for US sensitivities no doubt - have the cathedral. here is the logo:

fischer_trad.jpg

Aaah! The Grande Bier D'Alsace. You can get them in France I believe.

Yes, 13 years ago after six years in Germany and running over to Strasbourg every few months I collected and shipped over two cases of empties. Five moves later and a divorce and they are no where to be found. Damn . ..

I still have my set of glasses, though!

Image005.jpg

I got a ton of them off craigslist. They're great bottles. A few of them still have the paper label that says "Imported by..." So the original owner obviously got them in the US. Are you sure they don't sell those bottles here?

I just got 9 of them from crigslist for $0.40 each. I goggled the brew ( nevr had it ) and it claims to be sold here in NC , with the photo the same as the bottles I got with the kid and the keg in relief on the glass..

I've bought them in NJ. The glass is thinner than the green grolsch bottles but work just as well. The beer ain't all that tho.

I've bought them in NJ. The glass is thinner than the green grolsch bottles but work just as well. The beer ain't all that tho.

Yea, I broke down and bought a case of new flip tops from Midwest, very thick, should last many brews. When I was in Germany, while the US craft beer revolution was going on in the early 90's, Fischer Amber was "the" amber standard. Then along came Fat Tire . .. .

Latest posts

Back