Will this work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Ok so I just keep thinking of more and more questions concerning my first all grain. I only have one big pot. (30 Qt) It seems that most people have two pots when doing an AG, one to hold the first run offs (brew kettle) and another for heating the water. Is it possible to just put the first run offs in my bottling bucket and then transfer it to my brew kettle after Sparging? The only other pot i have can hold maybe 2 gallons at most. I hope to buy a keg some time to convert but i just don't have the money right now. Quiting my job did not help any. lol.

i use a plastic 6.5 gallon fermenter to hold my first run offs ( i could get away with something smaller because it seems i always end up with way less than i put in lol)

I batch sparge so I don't really need one big pot to heat water in I just use two pretty big ones but then again my mash tun is only 5 gallons so I never really need add THAT much water at one time.

Thanks for the quick responses, I hope to embark on this journey this weekend. Here is a picture of my cheap setup.
allgrainstuff.jpg

Ryanh1801 said:
Thanks for the quick responses, I hope to embark on this journey this weekend. Here is a picture of my cheap setup.
allgrainstuff.jpg

Ummmmm.....please don't light that thing in there.

Back