Attention GA homebrewers!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to hopcity now. Friendly guys working there. Great selection and prices on beer. They said if I want some homebrew supplies that they don't have in stock they can order it.

Schoolhouse beer and brew I'm Marietta ATM. It seems like the closest, and in an area that I don't mind traveling to.

litte bit from lots of them. I am close to Beer Necessities so get yeast and some hardware and ingredients there. seem to be about he same prices as the rest. BTW I looked at that thread and didn't see anything about them?).

I've bought kits from Barley N Vine but more often than not get them from Austin Homebrew as I like that they give you the ingredients listing. That way I can modify them to suit my tastes or clone it if I"m in a hurry with local ingredients (BNV doesn't list ingredients, or at least didn't in the past. but their kits are very good IMHO).

I get some of my brew ingredients from Brewmasters Warehouse in marietta. The online brew developer tool is excellent and lets you add up all of your stuff and shows you roughly what you will have (like a cheap version of BrewSmith). Prices seem to be good as well. Ok selection of hardware but call ahead if you need something specific. :)

there's another small shop close to me, Wine something or another off Roswell road near Mt. Vernon. Good for last minute things I forget to pick up. Good selection of ingredients and hardware, and open on sundays. Big plus!

that's the main ones I use. but open to suggestions and looking around town when I'm out and about. will have to check out some of the others listed above.

I've been visiting Poplar Creek Brewing in Martinez/Augusta. It's local and has all the basics. They're fairly new and the owner is deployed in the military so some items are hit or miss. The only thing I haven't been able to buy there over the last three brews was some acid malt for a saison I brewed. Nice small local shop, just the kind I like to support.

schoolhouse in marietta, or beer and wine craft in sandy springs, all depending on where i am at when i need goods. prices and required goods play a role also.

Just Brew It in Fayetteville. Ronnie just bought the place from Doug earlier this year, and is still learning how to do it, but is doing a good job keeping everything stocked and organized. I use him and Hop City for buying and crushing my grains, and I always seem to get better efficiency from the crush from Just Brew It. Hop City doesn't seem to have enough room for their homebrew section and their selection of hops and yeast is somewhat limited. LOVE Hop City for their beer and growler selections though. Can't be beat by anyone.

Just Brew It in Fayetteville. Ronnie just bought the place from Doug earlier this year, and is still learning how to do it, but is doing a good job keeping everything stocked and organized. I use him and Hop City for buying and crushing my grains, and I always seem to get better efficiency from the crush from Just Brew It. Hop City doesn't seem to have enough room for their homebrew section and their selection of hops and yeast is somewhat limited. LOVE Hop City for their beer and growler selections though. Can't be beat by anyone.

I was just there a couple of weeks ago, I'll use them again in the future, if use them more but I am never in that area and have to make a special trip. My efficiency wasn't the greatest, but I biab. Hop city is over priced IMO.

Been over hop city a couple times since, and I got to say, I like it. May use them more often. I plan on purchasing my next grain build from there, perhaps my efficiency will raise, or it will be an enjoyable experience, not that others haven't. It seems more about craft beers than a brew supply spot, but We will see.

I'll have to second the recommendation for Operation Homebrew. If you are on the east side of town, it's worth a visit.

The owner is happy to answer my beginner questions, and didn't seem mind me ordering grain in very small quantities for a 1 gallon brew.

Back