Brew & Wine Hobby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rigger7

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is just me, seems like every time I go I'm having to substitute something be it grain or yeast are there any alternatives in the Enfield area?

Rich and Thad at Brew & Wine Hobby are super helpful and very patient. They have consistently given me great advice and bailed my butt out on a few occasions. They occasionally have "inventory issues" with grains so I do check ahead sometimes when I have a brew day coming up that may involve multiple or less common grains. They always have a great yeast and hops selection.

Bo, the new owner (since last August) of Beer & Wine Makers Warehouse, has done a great job turning around a shop that had gotten a really bad reputation. He is also very friendly and very helpful. I have yet to find him out of any grain I needed. Excellent selection. However, his yeast and hops selection is not as good as BWH. One nice thing is that you can buy fractions of an ounce of hops instead of an entire ounce.

The bottom line is Rich at BWH is 'da man when it comes to brewing knowledge and has the best selection of yeast and hops. Bo at BWMW has the most consistent selection of grains and will do partial ounces of hops. Many times I mix and match between the two, which isn't much trouble since they are only about 5 minutes away from each other.

Probably a much longer answer than you were looking for but that's my 200 cents. Obviously, this is all my opinion based on my experiences. Others may disagree.

+1 to what BlueHouseBrewhaus I never dealt with BWMW before Bo so I only know him, but he's been great. His prices are a bit higher, but he always has the misc keg or connector or filter part or grain I've been looking for. They are only a few minutes apart, so worth checking out.

Good to know, I've only been in BWMW once a few years ago and wasn't impressed enough to ever go back. Maybe I'll check it out again some time soon.

Latest posts

Back