New kid from Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessefive

Reaction score
I've been lurking for some time. But I'm about to embark on my first extract brew (its been canned kits thus far), and I figured before I start posting questions, I should introduce myself.

I'm in Lower North Philly. And I've got plenty of questions that come and go as I read here, ha. I'm going to try a extract based nut brown for my first "real" brew. So I'm sure the questions will come shortly.

I've done 3 kits so far, with mixed results. But now that I'm beginning to understand the cleaning, sanitizing, and brewing techniques, I think its time to really go for it...

Kit brewing is still brewing, just a little more simplified. I am assuming that you mean the All in one Can Kit, boiled, adding some sugar, etc, and voila?

Those are the ones. I wanted to get a feel for the process of cleaning, sanitizing, fermenting, bottling, etc. I'm still using a simple beginners kit for now. But I just bought a Better Bottle carboy for a secondary (which I've never done). And a hydrometer to replace my broken one, so that I can finally actually measure my beer!

I have been. I work in Southampton, so I've been going to Wine, Barley and Hops in Feasterville. I've been meaning to check out the place on Sansom St, but my free time doesn't always coincide with store hours. I'm assuming thats where you go?

Yeah... I actually live right around the corner from them. So, it makes it pretty easy. They also have H.O.P.S. meetings there on the third Wednesday of the month. That might be a good time to have a look as the meeting doesn't start until 7:00 or after. There's another place (Barry's Homebrew Outlet) on Snyder over by the Delaware River I've been meaning to check out as well.

Back