Removing fittings from 5' beer line???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
Hey all. I've got a 3 tap setup. My middle tap currently only has a 5' 1/2" line with female beer nuts on each end. My other two taps have 10' 3/16" lines and work great.

The middle line foams like a mutha, naturally. I've tried using clamps in various places along the lines but that still didn't work. Soooo, is there any way to remove the crimps that hold this beer line to the fittings? It appears to have 1/2" barbs so I could just remove the old line and put on 3/16" with hose clamps, right?

I've got company coming over tonight and just now deemed fixing this as a priority. Guess I should have worked on it earlier but that would make too much sense.

If they are Otiker style crimps. A decent screwdriver and a carefull (whatch your hands) pry will open them up enough to take off.

Side cutter work too. Slide one edge under the crimp.

The other kind of crimp, where there is a bulge like thing of metal when it is crimped can be cut off with side cutters or plyers. (Cut the buldge off).

Out of fear of not having a functional tap I decided to wait to operate tomorrow. Now I am barely functional...:cross:

Am I correct in assuming that it is a 1/4 barb? This 5' line came as part of a set with a perlick tap and perlick handle. Side-by-side it appears to be slightly larger than my other barbs but I think it is just an illusion because of it having such a larger hose on it.

Either way I am cutting those suckers off tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the help :mug:

Back