Navarre / Ft Walton beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you end up splitting the kit up I'll take the auto siphon. Brew on Saturday Sounds good. Let me run it by SWMBO and I'll get back to ya. You got a time frame in mind?

Just wanted to let everyone know i just ordered two kegs for $84 including shipping. They were listed as "class 3" meaning there was only one handle, but held pressure. Ill post back with how they end up when they come in (next week). Gonna post this in the pensacola thread too, even though seckert will probably see it here. They were ball locks too fwiw.

Also. The website was like beverageelements or something, a site sponsor.

the above is something sketchy
https://bvrgelements.com/ is the right one

I've ordered kegs from bev elements before and was happy with the order. Let me know how your kegs workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396727354.531307.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396727334.436107.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396727334.436107.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 88
My app is acting up. I don't think it posted all my text.

I'm brewing my honey blond now. One of the few that I've rebrewed. Everyone that tried it loved it.

7lbs 2 row
.75 honey malt
.25 biscuit malt
1 oz cluster hops at 60 min

I just bought a fridge off craiglist last night. It's going to make a great kegerator! So far I have 1 keg and I'm supposed to bottle a batch today. I am trying to talk myself out of bottling and just kegging it.

I just put the fermenter in the fridge. I'm gonna cold crash until Saturday then keg with gelatin.

Just wanted to let everyone know i just ordered two kegs for $84 including shipping. They were listed as "class 3" meaning there was only one handle, but held pressure. Ill post back with how they end up when they come in (next week). Gonna post this in the pensacola thread too, even though seckert will probably see it here. They were ball locks too fwiw.

Also. The website was like beverageelements or something, a site sponsor.

the above is something sketchy
https://bvrgelements.com/ is the right one

Did you get your kegs yet? I ran across these today. http://www.homebrewing.org/Loose-HandleBottom-5-gallon-Pin-Lock-keg-wLid-_p_3918.html#

I bought some kegs from them last year and was happy. I'm not sure how these are but $25 each for pin locks is super cheap. I can live with a loose handle or bottom.

Other than the handle missing, these kegs are in great shape. They were shipped pressurized so i knew right away that they held pressure. My wife took these pics, so here is my daughter and dog as well as the kegs

1397104093023.jpg

1397104108249.jpg

1397104124751.jpg

1397104142534.jpg

1397104158474.jpg

I have a brew cold crashing right meow for one of these, and will be brewing a wheat later this week for the other, ill give another update once i have one filled, but so far im very happy with these and recommend them if youre ok with the whole one handle thing.

Btw, the bottoms look exactly like my other two kegs, and sit flat perfectly fine.

Nice. I'm interested. Never heard back from the place I emailed. Twice. Almost done with my brew stand. Brewing a 10g batch if pale tomorrow.

Nice. I'm interested. Never heard back from the place I emailed. Twice. Almost done with my brew stand. Brewing a 10g batch if pale tomorrow.

Cool. You'll have to share some pics of the brew stand!

Adventures in homebrewing shipped my kegs yesterday. I'll let you guys know how they look.

:off:

My family vacations in Navarre regularly and we will be down there the first week of May...any good breweries in the area or good places to buy some quality beer to go? We usually just go to the winn-dixie across the bridge from the beach but their selection is limited to say the least...

:off:

My family vacations in Navarre regularly and we will be down there the first week of May...any good breweries in the area or good places to buy some quality beer to go? We usually just go to the winn-dixie across the bridge from the beach but their selection is limited to say the least...

Pensacola bay brewery is close by. They have some good beers. Might be good to check out while your here.

Pensacola bay brewery is close by. They have some good beers. Might be good to check out while your here.

Definitely worth a visit. Great small craft brewery. Kolsch is excellent along w / the IPA.
Also heard of a brewery starting up in Grayton Beach.

Grayton beer is pretty damn good! I really enjoyed their founders ale. The bourbon barrel porter in Pensacola bay brewery is awesome too

Other than PBS we've got a couple beer bars, hopjacks I would say is a must visit for the duck fat fries and great beer selection

Freaking auto correct PBB

Thanks. I found mine. Got a late start and tried my hand at a 10g batch. Need to rework some numbers. And cooling us still giving me fits. It'll be better when my stand is completely done.

If you haven't used the avengard grain it is pretty efficient over shot my OG by a bit. Not typical, and all the threads warn you of it. I should have listened. .

Thanks. I found mine. Got a late start and tried my hand at a 10g batch. Need to rework some numbers. And cooling us still giving me fits. It'll be better when my stand is completely done.

If you haven't used the avengard grain it is pretty efficient over shot my OG by a bit. Not typical, and all the threads warn you of it. I should have listened. .

Glad you found it. I bought some Camden for wine (which was a disaster) but have never used it for beer.

So where are you located?

I'm in Niceville. I use it for my water. Usually I'll measure out my water the night before and treat with the tablets. That helps the chlorine evaporate and the tabs take care of the chloramine. I've noticed an improvement with that method. Are you in Navarre?

Working on running the propane lines for my rig, and wiring up my pump. Things will be a lot easier when that's done.

Yes I'm in Navarre.

Are you kegging? I noticed a kegerator "kit" on craigslist with a 15.5 sanke keg for $150. I don't have a need but thought I would pass it along.

Yes! Fill it up. I just bought a fridge and 3 more cornies. I'm eventually going to get faucets but I'm going to do picnic taps for now. Probably going to do 3 beers and root beer for the kids.

My boys are 14 and 7. We did bottle conditioned root beer about 2 years ago and they still talk about it. I can't wait to keg some up for them. I just used an extract with sugar.

My daughters are 2 and 4months. Haha. They don't drink anything but water and milk right now. 2 year old doesn't even like juice.

I'm debating brewing again tomorrow. How often do you brew?

Well I was brewing every week for a little. The problem is I don't have any friends here so I drank all the beer myself lol. I took a long break and now I'm brewing again. One the pipeline is full I'm going to brew every other week. I just need to get a group together to drink my beer.

I'm the general manager of a restaurant in ft Walton. Maybe we can all get together and enjoy some of our brews and meet sometime.

We have to get together then. I've met Ronjon but no one else. My old brew buddy is in Panama City.

I have an outside bar at Fridays that we could hook a corny up to. I've talked to the guys at hop heads about getting a group together but never followed up.

I've chatted here with a guy in creative, but never met up. Went over to hop heads on a brew day they had, but didn't stay long. It'd be nice to meet up with some homebrews and BS. Where is Fridays.

Back