Chillus convolutas review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reinstone

Reaction score
Couldn't figure out how do do a review for this in the product review section, so here goes. T,here is no option to select this as an item to review. This thing is expensive but great. I can still get a good whirlpool with a march pump and it Chills faster than a large 40 plate chiller. The best thing is that I have been making some highly hopped beers....over 1 lb of pellets in a 12 gallon batch and there have been no clogs....heck...not even a hiccup. I think it's worth the money to have the nft fittings installed at purchase but I am not a do it yourself guy there. Anyway, two thumbs up here, pm me with questions. Cheers.

I bought mine before plate chillers came out so I've been using it for over 10 years now. It only has 12' of tubing so it is pretty compact and I have no problem transferring 25 gallons of beer through it and getting 65 degree wort into the fermenter. During the summer when my ground water is 70 degrees I use a post chiller in an ice bath.

316F2B8A-777D-4443-BA70-74A94FE9EAE1-8245-000007EBD2E8E269.jpg

Back