Sticky Leaf Coating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aircooled

Reaction score
This particular plant is unknown it came from my bosses wife, she didn’t know what it was either. I received it last fall and planted the rhizome. Now the leaves have a sticky coating like someone sprayed them with honey. I noticed this a couple weeks ago before it started to flower. I can’t seem to find what this means on the internet or here. My wife thinks that it’s a natural defense. I would buy it there are a couple aphids stuck to it and dead along with a bunch of pollen. I’m not too worried about it, the plant is on the other side of the yard by itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

do you have any pecan trees around. I have three and everything is covered with a sugary dew that is tacky. Maybe some other trees do it too.

A link to some photos would help. Hops don't exude any kind of stickiness, so I don't think you'll find much answers here.

There is nothing else planted around it. The only thing next to it is my shed and house. I cant seem to get my pics uploaded. So sorry no pics for now

You can't post pics until you've had 25 posts. You can thank some aholes and aggressive spammers for that policy. But you can post links up to the pictures hosted on a photo hosting site like photobucket or imageshack.

Back