I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not the thread I thought it would be...

:p

I'm not sure about that. This thread is pretty understanding. Hell, not everybody posting here post at their night time. You got something to say,,or vent about or just end up digging the groove here? You're always welcome, truly man. I do need to edit this one point. No a wholes here. That's welcome in the taproom bro. Not here. You choose [emoji16]

I didn't get that vibe Dan. This is a nice place to hang out with some good folks. Not enough posts lately though. I guess I need to get drunk more often:drunk:

Haha! [emoji6] I resemble that sentiment.

Gonna post my favorite classical music piece, maybe it's Barouqe or something else, I just call music like this classical.

This should be listened to very low volume or cranked way up [emoji1]

I don't know the intended meaning behind this piece but to me it is a glorious happy, healthy life; beginning to end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I'm all relaxed now. My son thinks that is a painting of Mozart. I googled it and it seems to be. Smart kid.

This is Pachabel:

pachelbel.jpg

They certainly look alike but those guys in powdered wigs all look the same to me;)

My son and I just intalled a Honeywell programmable wi-fi thermostat. We had to pull a new cable to the furnace. He is a natural wire fisher. I installed the app on my phone so now I can control the stat from anywhere (don't piss me off wifey). He did the entire install with a little guidance from the old man. He did a great job. I'm very proud.

Next, we are going to install the new bluetooth amp and speakers in the bathroom remodel. Pretty soon maybe I can just buy this cool stuff and he can install it for me;)

We are done at 3:30 for the Packer game. Got some red beans in the crockpot since 9:00 this morning. Gonna add a little Chorizo and bacon and cook up some rice for our football comfort food.

What are you folks up to on this fine Sunday afternoon?

Evening ladies and germs (mostly germs I think). Hope life is giving you a fighting chance.

My 3 kids are all off at college now, but they trickle in on the wkends occasionally. Oldest boy was home recently - he's superfit, and was jumping rope in the house. I don't think it's called a jump rope any more, but not sure what it's called. He's a master of the thing anyway. He could do tricks galore. I'd pick fun at him, but if you saw him you know he's doing something right.

So here we are, getting old and drinking beer and marking time. Marking time for what? You tell me.

For your late nite soundtrack, Liz Phair - Whi-smart. Double dutch, baby, they really are dancing.

Adult Swim is better this time of night. Yeah, everything was already shown once already, but it's better because it's late.

:)

If I can't get to sleep (which seems to happen a lot), I like a bit of old-school space music to help me drift off. Tangerine Dream is what's been working for me lately. Great chill music.

Brian Eno works, too.

I have a drawer in a pedestal desk in my office that only holds a cool neckstrap bottle opener from beerfest and about a hundred bottle caps. I just added three more.

Love Natalie Merchant:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2JbLUVt0Z0[/ame]

I may have told you before but I love Bjork too:

Not surprising. I think she has stated in interviews that her influences include a lot of electronica and avant garde artists, like Kraftwerk, Eno, Philip Glass.

And yes, what a captivating voice.

Her voice is an instrument. Now I have to dig out my Sugarcubes vinyl. Thanks guys.

Not surprising. I think she has stated in interviews that her influences include a lot of electronica and avant garde artists, like Kraftwerk, Eno, Philip Glass.

And yes, what a captivating voice.

Honestly, I was never a huge fan of the music. It certainly works with her look and voice. I have actually had some of Bjork's babies.

Her voice is an instrument. Now I have to dig out my Sugarcubes vinyl. Thanks guys.

Isn't this fun? I'd like to give your vinyl a listen. I'll bring some beer.

That is beautiful. I don't care what she is singing, It's beautiful. I fell in love with her in '93. It's mutual I'm sure.

Maybe before that. Hippie baby sitter was a huge 10,000 Maniacs fan. My wife knows vocals better than me, and she claims Natalie is perfect.

Maybe before that. Hippie baby sitter was a huge 10,000 Maniacs fan. My wife knows vocals better than me, and she claims Natalie is perfect.

I really do not know much 10kM. I remember the huge news when she left. That is exactly when I knew who she was and fell in love. She is perfect. Even with 10 years on me, she still looks good:

header_desktop.jpg

I really do not know much 10kM. I remember the huge news when she left. That is exactly when I knew who she was and fell in love. She is perfect. Even with 10 years on me, she still looks good:

header_desktop.jpg

She has twenty on me, easy. Still.

Look up their version of "Because the Night". Beyond great.

She has twenty on me, easy. Still.

Look up their version of "Because the Night". Beyond great.

I assumed this was a given. I will embed the awesomeness because you were too lazy;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ydKbP0L9qcE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ydKbP0L9qcE[/ame]

Loved 10kM with Natalie. Listened to In My Tribe a billion times.

The Cranberries were as good or better, and had a similar sound, but with a cool irish twang, and a bit of revolutionary anger that 10kM was missing. I prefer them. I admit I like irish girls. Delores O'Riordan! I have no interest in going to concerts, but this is one I'd go to.

Here's a few. So many great songs. The live versions of these are very cool (Dreams!). For your late nite soundtrack, The Cranberries.

Last edited:
Cheers, all is well,

John. Denver said sunshine on his shoulder made him happy. So true!

From him we experienced some great music. I'll start, add to this please

Yo yo late niters! Hope all is well. Dan, love John Denver. My kids love him too. I listened to him so much over the years.

I listened to A Tribe Called Quest all day today while working. Old skool jazzy hiphop. Great background music. For your late nite soundtrack, ATCQ and Bonita Applebum.

Just reaching out to the masses here but I was hoping to get some opinions from you all. My two sons just told my wife today that they were told by the neighbor across the street's dad that they are not allowed to play with his kids anymore. So my wife, taking the boy's story (they said they didn't know why) with a grain of salt, decided to go and talk to him. Keep in mind they only moved in a few months ago and neither of us is very social so we have never really been introduced but the kids are only ever allowed to play in their front yard where we can supervise from just about anywhere outside or through any window in our house. So she knocked on the door and the dad answers so she introduces herself and lets the guy know who her kids are. After this he quickly responded with, "Oh so they DO have parents! I just assumed you didn't exist." After this she bit her tongue which is a lot calmer than I would have been considering we live not even 100 ft away but he wouldn't give her any specifics on what prompted this sudden decision.

This is really eating at me because they are the only kids in the neighborhood currently so now my kids have no one else to play with unless we set up play dates with our friends and their kids which is surprisingly hard to do.

What am I to do? Do I go and talk to him now and let him know that he offended my wife with his jack assery or do I just leave it and just tell my kids to stay away? What would you guys do?

Back