HMMM something I seem to have over looked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I use just a clear plastic hose to rack wine from one carboy to another or into the bottle......Never gave a thought to a racking cane but I can see that with 5 gallons of beer it would definitely be beneficial...... I like to fiddle with making stuff so does anyone use a cane made from pvc? I think you could just stick it together due to there being no pressure, and pull it back apart to clean and sanitize it. I am sure there are connectors to attach it to the auto siphon or hose.....does a cane have a filter though?

Really, unless you have access to smaller diameter (1/4"?) pvc, the cane will be so big it will suck up a lot of trube. I used a straight one for a couple of years. Then, I got one that had a 90 on it and I was hooked, so to speak. I'm sure you can build a really nice one, but for a couple of bucks, I don't think it's worth it. Also, as soon as I get back to brewing, I'm going to bend one out of stainless. Luck - Dwain

Back